Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teenage Girls

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
At what age should a teenage girl start learning to drive? *Clarification- we live in the country. If the parents want to teach their teenage daughter the basics before driver's ed (or if driver's ed is not offered by the school district), what is the appropriate age?*
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Bump
Unoriginal.
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:22 AM

14 or 15
I think driver's ed starts in 9th grade

kidlover2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:22 AM
In NY it's 16.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AntzMom24
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

15 or 16. I honestly think the legal driving age should be 18, not 16. Young teens  nowadays are no where near responsible enough to drive or maintain a vehicle. 

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I learned at 12. My oldest brother taught me how to drive his 1972 Toyota land cruiser.

My girls will start at 15.

They will not be getting a license until they can pay for their own car(we will match whatever they have saved)and insurence.
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I live in NY and I think 16 is too young.  In the 30 yrs that I have been driving, I see the agressive nature of people today.  Vehicles are much larger, with more power.  I drive the Long Island Expressway and the speed limit it 55, but if you go 70 they blow you off the road.  My dd is turning 16 and she will NOT be driving alone anytime too soon.  I will enroll her in drivers ed this summer, she can get her learner's permit, but I have a horrible fear about her out on the roads with all the monsters that drive on these roads today.   I don't think teens should drive until it is absolutely necessary, like when they go off to college.  My sister is a cop. She has seen a lot and she also agrees.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM

In our state they get their learners at 15 1/2 and graduated license at 16, full license at 18.

hollyandjason
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM
In nj it's 16 and at 17 they can have their license
Yogamom08
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM
When they get their learner's permit and/or when the take driver's Ed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:30 AM

i let my daughter drive around my driveway.she is 14.she will get her learners when she is 15.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)