Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spice can maim and kill-synthetic marijuana

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies

CYPRESS, Texas – Hospital staff removed Emily Bauer’s breathing tube and stopped all medication and nourishment at 1:15 p.m. December 16. Only morphine flowed into her body, as the family waited by her side in her final moments.

But the next morning, she was still alive.

“Good morning, I love you,” her mother told Emily as she approached the bed.

A hoarse voice whispered back, “I love you too.”

Emily was back.

Her family said the drug that landed the Cypress, Texas, teenager, then 16, in the ICU two weeks earlier wasn’t bought from a dealer or offered to her at a party. It was a form of synthetic weed packaged as “potpourri” that she and friends bought at a gas station.

At first, her stepfather, Tommy Bryant, said he was “fixing to whip somebody’s a**,” as he thought someone older than 18 bought it for her.

Bryant already knew she used real marijuana occasionally. “It’s not that I condoned it,” he said, adding that he couldn’t follow her around all day. Bryant enforces a strict no-smoking rule in the house, and said that if he ever caught Emily smoking, she’d be grounded.

“Had I thought that there was any chance that she could have been hurt by this stuff, I would have been a lot more vigilant. I had no idea it was so bad,” Bryant said.

“I’d never have thought we’d be in this situation. If she had bought it off the street or from a corner, that’s one thing, but she bought it from convenience store.”

Best known by the street names “Spice” or “K2,” fake weed is an herbal mixture sprayed with chemicals that’s meant to create a high similar to smoking marijuana, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Advertised as a “legal” alternative to weed, it’s often sold as incense or potpourri and in most states, it’s anything but legal.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:26 AM

bump

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM
6 moms liked this

Just make pot legal already. Damn. I don't even smoke it but mj never did this to someone and this crap is legal. It's just messed up!

One of my best friends did some synthetic drug I think he said it was synthetic ketamine and his sisters boyfriend took his clothes off in a movie theater and started yelling and got arrested.  Sometimes this synthetic stuff is as bad or as in the case of mj worse than the original drug.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM
6 moms liked this
I'm a regular smoker and I would never smoke the synthetic shit. That's just stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

LOL...did he do the drug again after that?

Quoting angelachristine:

Just make pot legal already. Damn. I don't even smoke it but mj never did this to someone and this crap is legal. It's just messed up!

One of my best friends did some synthetic drug I think he said it was synthetic ketamine and his sisters boyfriend took his clothes off in a movie theater and started yelling and got arrested.  Sometimes this synthetic stuff is as bad or as in the case of mj worse than the original drug.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm a regular smoker and I would never smoke the synthetic shit. That's just stupid.

macysmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I was hospitalized because of it. I passed out alot and was dizzy over 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:42 AM

No well my friend was smart he didn't know how he was going to react to it so he did it at home but his sister's boyfriend is just nuts. He flat out said he wasn't going to stop doing drugs but he did say he wasn't going to do that one anymore. lol He's only 19 so hopefully he will grow up. 

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL...did he do the drug again after that?

Quoting angelachristine:

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Marijauna needs to be legalized.   Then there wouldnt be a reason for the legal fake shit.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Ditto

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Ive done a lot of it. I stopped after I had a seizure one time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)