Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you take your kid to the dr at the first sign of a fever?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm not talking about infants but toddlers and older. If their only symptom was a fever (101-102.5) would you take them in or wait it out and treat them with motrin and tylenol? If you did wait it out, how many days would you wait before taking them in?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Replies (31-40):
Momforhealth
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM
My dr said if its that low most likely a virus. When higher its most likely infection. I say trust your instincts. Depends on symptoms. Fever is means the body is working. But because of school requiring a Dr. visit after 3 days, probably the 2nd day. Dr says 3 days. I have friends that do not give anything for fever to build immune system. I like to so they feel better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
_ClearFruit_
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM
No I let her body fight it. If it continues for more than a few days then I take her
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM
I never take in for a feverp that low not even when he was an infant over 103 I would for an infant and over 104 after 12 hours or so for older. A fever is the body's way of fighting of an infection or bug it needs time to work with out a bunch of drugs. We don't treat a fever of 102 or lower with meds till at least 6 hours. We do a cool bath popcicles and cold drinks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM
If ds goes over 102 for 3 days I take him in only because that is his normal sight for ear infection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

if the fever has lasted for 10hrs and tylenol isnt working and if its followed by other symptoms then yes, i take them in.

clearlyme
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM
My DS hasn't had a fever that high. Maybe once. If I can control it, I wait it out, even as an infant. If it last more than a couple days, I call the office and see what I should do.
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:37 AM
We stay as far away from docs as possible!

I don't even own a thermometer. Three of our children had a cold this week and I treated with garlic and vinegar.
mbc324
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Our Dr. wants them to have the fever for more than 2-3 days before they see them.

invisibleme
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Only with my middle ds cause a minor fever meant trouble was brewing when he was little.
bxmom2580
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I dont take my kids to the doctor when they are sick. I care for them at home and moniter them very,very closely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured