Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will the judge side with her?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 23 Replies
My fiancé has been divorced 8 years and we've been dating 4 and are engaged and planning to get married this year.

He adopted his now ex wife's three children and she does everything she can to make his life a living hell. He pays his child support every single month and always helps out with extras, he goes to all of their functions and sees them every chance he gets.

She's now caught wind that we are engaged, that's something we had purposely not told her, and sent him a nasty text calling me a whore and telling him she will take him to court and have it so that I can never be around the kids.

I know once we are married she won't have a say and there is no clause in their divorce that says no overnight guests when the kids are over.

I also have no sort of criminal record that would deem me unsafe around kids, hell I'm a nanny. And the two youngest kids love me, the oldest has been alienated by her mother and won't have anything to do with us.

So if she does take us court will they make me stay away until we get married?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this
No. Not unless she can prove you are a danger to them. What goes on in dads house is absolutely none of her business.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
That's what I was thinking, my fiancé is of course upset and when he comes home from his business trip he's going to talk to his lawyer.

Quoting Anonymous:

No. Not unless she can prove you are a danger to them. What goes on in dads house is absolutely none of her business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smushy79
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I wouldnt think so.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM

No...

KG34
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

This. She can't keep the kids away just because she's mad that he's moved on with his life.

Quoting Anonymous:

hip2it
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:35 AM

As long as you're not a danger to them, you'll be fine.  Are you a drug addict?  Alcoholic?  Abusive?  If not, you should be fine.  She's just trying to make you miserable.  I hate moms like that.  It's easier on the adults and better for the children when you at least try to get along.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
My ex took me to court when I started dating again. The judge said what do you want me to tell her? She's allowed to move on with her life! You should too. It was quite comical
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM
No not a drug addict or an alcoholic or abusive, she has nothing solid she can bring to court against me except that I'm engaged to her ex.

She's trying to say I broke up their marriage and I'm sure she will try to say that in court but that didn't happen. I didn't even know him until they had been divorced 3 years and we didn't start dating until he had been divorced 4 years.

Quoting hip2it:

As long as you're not a danger to them, you'll be fine.  Are you a drug addict?  Alcoholic?  Abusive?  If not, you should be fine.  She's just trying to make you miserable.  I hate moms like that.  It's easier on the adults and better for the children when you at least try to get along.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I doubt that they will make you stay away but there could be an admendment to the divorce stating that their can be no over night guest when the kids are around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN