Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

donor

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Are u an organ donor? Yes or no? Why or why not?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes.

Because I don't need those things when I'm dead.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Yes. If im dead i dont need it but someone may live because i can give it to them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Bump
redneckmama4
by Loree on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Yes. If my death can help someone, that would be awesome.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
DH is but I'm not. I watched a movie a long while back about a man who's wife needed some organ(don't remember which) and to help find her what she needed he started to date women and when he found a match he killed her. I guess I'm just paranoid. That was years ago though. When I update my license tomorrow I might decide to be a donor.
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I have a signed, notarized letter in the important documents folder in the closet that says they may harvest my organs after death. My license says no. Too many horror stories about the doctor's putting less effort into saving people with an in-demand blood type so they can get the organs. I don't care if its true or not. Make full effort to save me on the premise that I'm keeping my parts, then once there really is no hope DH can present the letter from our notary.

alleycat_2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Thats a good idea. I might just do that.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I have a signed, notarized letter in the important documents folder in the closet that says they may harvest my organs after death. My license says no. Too many horror stories about the doctor's putting less effort into saving people with an in-demand blood type so they can get the organs. I don't care if its true or not. Make full effort to save me on the premise that I'm keeping my parts, then once there really is no hope DH can present the letter from our notary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

NO

I will donate to my relatives but not to anyone else.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I've heard this too :(
I am not a donor because of this.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

RedSoxWife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yes I am. So is dh, I have taken care if too many people that should have died, but instead are young quadrapalegics with no quality of life. If I'm that bad off, just let me die and help some one else. I don't want my kids growing up and visiting me in a nursing home having mommy not know who they are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)