Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wonderful there is a mad man shooting cops in my city!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 64 Replies
Some crazy ex marine and fired cop from the Los angles pd is shooting cops and their families. My kids school is closed today and I have a house full of kids that where dropped off because their parents got to school and found out it was closed.
This is insane

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/riverside-police-ambushed-by-shooter-official-says.html

http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christopher-dorners-so-called-manifesto/#axzz2KEo7IxAp

I can't make this clicky but its something the shooter sent to the media. It's insane and rambling. And shows just how nuts he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM

That's crazy! Is the school closed because of the shootings?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM

scary.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Riverside police 'ambushed' by shooter, official says

Photo: Scene a block from the Riverside shooting. Credit: Phil Willon / Los Angeles Times.

An official with the Riverside Police Department said early Thursday that two of the city's police officers were stopped at a red light when they were "ambushed" by a shooter who is now the subject of an area-wide manhunt.

The officers were partners traveling together in a marked patrol car at Magnolia Avenue and Arlington Boulevard, said Lt. Guy Toussaint.

One of the officers was killed and the other was in surgery early Thursday, officials said. Their names have not yet been released.

PHOTOS: Memorial for slain basketball coach

Authorities said they believe that a Nissan pickup used by a suspect sought by the Los Angeles Police Department, Christopher Dorner, was spotted at the scene.

Dorner is a former LAPD officer wanted in connection with two Orange County slayings. He wrote an online manifesto threatening to harm police officials and their families, authorities said, and is considered "armed and extremely dangerous."

Toussaint said investigators believe that the suspect fled the area and is no longer in the city, but that the department remains on high alert and that police from across the Inland Empire have come in to assist.

"We don't know where he is," Toussaint said. "We are actively looking for him."

He said there was "no indication" that the Riverside police officers "were actively seeking Dorner" when they were ambushed.

"Because of the close proximity and the timeline, we believe there is a strong likelihood ... Dorner is involved in our incident," he said.

When asked by a reporter if police felt as though they were under attack, Toussaint responded: "Based on the circumstances of the shooting, yes, I do."

ALSO:

Former LAPD officer sought in Irvine slayings

Police shoot two in Torrance in search for ex-LAPD cop

Ex-LAPD officer wrote online manifesto about slayings

-- Phil Willon in Riverside and Kate Mather

Photo: Scene a block from the Riverside shooting. Credit: Phil Willon / Los Angeles Times.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Some crazy ex marine and fired cop from the Los angles pd is shooting cops and their families. My kids school is closed today and I have a house full of kids that where dropped off because their parents got to school and found out it was closed.
This is insane

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/riverside-police-ambushed-by-shooter-official-says.html

RLT2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:14 AM

omg, that's very scary. I hope they find him soon.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:15 AM
What a nut! I grew up in Orange County (don't live there anymore, sadly) and read the story a few days ago about the young man and woman who were found dead in the parking garage in Irvine. Now it comes out that this guy did it! The girl's father was his lawyer when the LAPD fired him :(
nickellmomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Such a scary situation!  I read it on FB earlier today, hope they catch this nut soon!

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Yeah I saw that lastnight. We are in riverside. They where showing a lot of police around notre dame Highschool.

Quoting Anonymous:

What a nut! I grew up in Orange County (don't live there anymore, sadly) and read the story a few days ago about the young man and woman who were found dead in the parking garage in Irvine. Now it comes out that this guy did it! The girl's father was his lawyer when the LAPD fired him :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM
They found his ID down here in San Diego and believe he is here. They think he is trying to cross the border.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Yeah the guy is still on the loose and they are worried he will target schools.
He is after everyone involved in him being fired and said he will kill anyone that gets in his way. He is also targeting their families.

Quoting elephantmamaof2:

That's crazy! Is the school closed because of the shootings?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Oh shit!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)