Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dr. Worthy? A little freaked out. UPDATE!!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM
  • 32 Replies

Thanks for all of the advice! I called her doctor and they advised me to go to the E.R. so they could do a CT Scan. We went in and the doctor said it sounds like a petit mal seizure. Her scan was good, it didn't show anything abnormal. They do want us to follow up with her doc. and try to get an mri. About a year ago we had a scare, and thought she may have had a seizure. She was convulsing and out of it. We had to stay at the Childrens Hospital overnight for observation, but she was fine. I didn't realize you could have a seizure without convulsions. Glad I asked you ladies, because I had NO CLUE. It was very scary, and both her and I cried while she had to have her scan, I wasn't able to be in the room with her because I'm pregnant, she was freaked out. Broke my heart :( She is fine now and acting like her normal self!! 

I gave my 2 year old a cup of milk. She was sitting on the couch and I was in the kitchen. I turned around to look at her because she was being quite. She had milk running out of her mouth and down her belly. I asked her why she was spitting her milk out and she just stared at me, she wasn't  moving, or saying anything. I kept talking to her and told her I was coming to clean her up. Well she just blankly sat there, then I saw more milk coming out of her mouth. I ran to her and asked if she was ok, and she just looked at me for a minute. I told her to say something!! After a few seconds of me saying her name she said, I ok. I asked her if she was spitting her milk out and she said no. I start cleaning her up and noticed the milk all over her was chunky. Could she have been throwing up?! She has only thrown up once and it was nothing like that. This really freaked me out. Should I take her to the doctor? This was 10 minutes ago and now she is playing and acting like her normal self. 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Oh wow. I'd be going to the doctor. Could it have been a seizure?

IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I'd take her to the doctor. That could be a low grade seizure... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM

is the milk spoiled, smell a little off?   Was her body hot?   If my kids are hot from playing and they drink milk they will puke up chunky milk. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM

She puked. I would call the doc at the least to ease your mind.

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Poor baby :-(
I would call the doc for sure.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by Tonya on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM
2 moms liked this
She had a petite mal seizure or an "absent/silent" seizure.

She needs to be checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaileysMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Even without convulsions? I don't know much about seizures...

Quoting IFartGlitter:

I'd take her to the doctor. That could be a low grade seizure... 

atyou
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Sounds like maybe a focal seizure.

I'd make her an appointment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Sounds like a seizure. 

MaileysMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM

No it wasn't spoiled and she wasn't hot. She wasn't running around or anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

is the milk spoiled, smell a little off?   Was her body hot?   If my kids are hot from playing and they drink milk they will puke up chunky milk. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)