Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Divorced for 19 years

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM
  • 4 Replies

and my sister STILL calls his family her inlaws.  There is a post on fb where her ex dh's niece is having a baby boy.  My sister's response is 'yay!  another nephew for me!'  I don't know why, but this bugs the crap out of me.  They aren't her inlaws anymore. 

This is my senseless post of the day.  I have more to come, i'm sure.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Is she still close w/ her ex's family? My DH's brothers ex gf lives next door to my in-laws...and they havent been an item in like 7 years? The house she lives in, my inlaws actually own.....they do have a kid together, so that could be part of it..but she goes on vacations with all of us and everything..

o.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Physically, they are not close.  We live in the midwest and the former inlaws are scattered all over.  She has them on facebook, but I don't think they talk in 'real life'.  She hates her ex with a passion.  She doesn't talk to him at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is she still close w/ her ex's family? My DH's brothers ex gf lives next door to my in-laws...and they havent been an item in like 7 years? The house she lives in, my inlaws actually own.....they do have a kid together, so that could be part of it..but she goes on vacations with all of us and everything..

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM

That's a little wierd OP.  Have you said anything to her about it?

o.0
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have, and so has my other sister.  She doesn't listen, though.  I love my sister dearly, but I think she is stuck in the past.  She will never move forward that way.

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

That's a little wierd OP.  Have you said anything to her about it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured