Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm glad my taxes pay for people like her.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 225 Replies
2 moms liked this

Everyone has an opinion, and I see tons of posts about this. I'm not necessarily intended to open a can of worms, but URGH!

My husband has a child with another woman. Previously they'd had a verbal agreement that he would give her $75 2x a month (so $150/month) for child support. This is actually OVER what our state guidlines say he should pay based off his income. He spoke with a lawyer, and the lawyer said that a verbal agreement is acceptable.

The mother of the child is essentially a piece of work. I am ALL for state help for people who need it, I pay my taxes, but this person is a drain on the tax dollar. She is 22, and has never worked a day in her life. She currently gets around $500/month for food stamps, and recently tried to apply for disability b/c she had a seizure once. ONCE. lol. They denied her, so then she tried to apply for FIP (which if you aren't familiar, basically the state pays you money while you try to find a job or go to school) - they denied her b/c she told them she doesn't plan on attending college, and she can't apply for jobs because she doesn't have a car. So they denied her. I should also mention that she has been to the ER about 12-15 times in the past year. If her child is coming down with a cold, and it's 10pm and he's coughing, she goes to the ER. She is now pregnant again, and she was having stomach cramps, so she went to the ER. She has title 19, so the state pays for that too.

So anyways, after all this, she called my husband, telling him she needs more money because she is pregnant again, and wants to move into an apartment with her new boyfriend, and $150 isn't enough to pay the rent. My husband told her he really can't afford to pay more than that, and also pay for his own bills. She got nasty and told him he was a bad father b/c he was basically saying he didn't want to pay for a place for his son to live. Then her new boyfriend got on the phone and said they were calling the child support agency and would be "laughing their asses off when half his checks would go to child support."

Seriously?

First of all, her new baby is NOT my husband's child. It's with her new boyfriend whom she just recently got an apartment with... and her boyfriend is currently married to someone else and has 3 other kids. Jerry Springer anyone?

I'm glad she decided that it was appropriate to have another baby in her current financial situation.

Also, I agree that my husband should support his son.. but I'm sorry, supporting a child is the responsibility of BOTH parents. It's not, have a baby with someone, break up with them, and then b/c they're the dad they have to pay for the child. If the state is denying you aid, and disability then they're saying that you should be able to go out and get yourself a f-ing job. *end rant*

Again. I am all for state assistence for those who need it, and I know a lot of single moms are dumped on, and really need help, but it's people like my husband's ex who just enforce this awful stereotype. What is wrong with this society that women think it's okay to live like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trisha234
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! She is bold to ask your DH to pay her rent. Unreal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Let it go through the courts. She will end up getting less.

Her new boyfriend sounds as smart as her. SMH.....
lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:06 PM
22 moms liked this
$150 a month for a child. That is quite sad.
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM

She's bold.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
3 moms liked this

If she has no place to live, have your husband file for custody.

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM
18 moms liked this

....Sorry I got stuck on the little tidbit that your DH is OK with ONLY paying $150.00 a mo.

Cristie0911
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:08 PM

What a piece of work! These people make me shake my  head.  I would have been livid when her boyfriend thought he had a place in the conversation!

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM

He's lucky. The guy we used as a sperm donor pays 1000 a month for one child. He has to work two jobs to pay that and survive. Eta for the people who will attack me. He's paying child support for a child with his ex wife, not my child.

gblossom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish I could say Unbelievable - but it's not an uncommon situation..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this

The only thing I have a issue with, and I don't care what the lawyer told you is that your "verbal" agreement on CS is not a good idea. You should have had it put in writing and sent through the court. Get yourself a court order if you don't have one. Other than that, I would tell her pound sand.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN