Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Damn woman, either keep your legs closed or get your ass on some birth control!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
2 moms liked this
Let me start off by saying, I understand what happens when you fall on hard times.

The first time I got pregnant was at THE WORST possible time. We recieved Medicaid and food stamps while I was pregnant and until dd was almost 2, at that point DH and I both had stable jobs and we were doing good.

Yes, sometimes you need help.

But geez I see these women and they aren't struggling with one child. Or 2. They've got 3, 4, and 5 or more kids that they can't afford and are complaining about how they can't afford them.

And I just dont understand it.
Sometimes pregnancy occurs at the wrong time.

But If you have child(ren) that you can't afford, or are struggling to support, then why in fucking hell would you want to go out any get knocked up again???

Why not take precautions so that you can get on your feet and take care of the kids you already have?

We had two more kids, so we have a 9 year old, a 3 year old and a 7 month old. We could afford more, but after that third one I swear my uterus was ready to jump out of my body and into oncoming traffic. So why would anyone want to keep have more kids when they aren't able to afford the child(ren) they already have?

I see these women on food stamps, Medicaid, and in government housing,
If you aren't going to try to do anything to get on your feet then maybe , instead of sitting around complaining about how you just can't afford your 5 kids, you should take that Medicaid and go get your ass some Birthcontrol.

Come on. If you're complaining about by being able to afford your kids, then you should be taking precautions so that you don't end up pregnant again,

I mean, is that too difficult to understand.

Eta: i know shit happens. Thats life.
I'm not saying this is ALL women.
SIL is one of these women....
I see this daily.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystyneh
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM
I completely agree with you. Yes sometimes pregnancy does happen. I have a friend tho that has 4 children!!! And she's been on PA this whole time and complains she can't afford stuff then gets with a new guy and BAM she's pregnant. Yes everyone has a choice to have kids but think before you act like in any situation.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
7 moms liked this
I spend so much time being thankful and grateful I can afford my children, & enjoying this life, I don't have time to "see" and complain about these women on food stamps and Medicaid, and government housing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM
If I
Introduced you to my sil you'd see it every day.

Quoting Litlmama87:

I spend so much time being thankful and grateful I can afford my children, & enjoying this life, I don't have time to "see" and complain about these women on food stamps and Medicaid, and government housing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I just don't understand why people want to complain when they are the ones that didn't take percautions

Quoting krystyneh:

I completely agree with you. Yes sometimes pregnancy does happen. I have a friend tho that has 4 children!!! And she's been on PA this whole time and complains she can't afford stuff then gets with a new guy and BAM she's pregnant. Yes everyone has a choice to have kids but think before you act like in any situation.

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Litlmama87:

Well said, m'lady. I have enough going on in my life that I don't need to obsess with other people's financial situations.

lauren.m
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I have 4 kids i plan on having at least one more. I dont have time for other peoples life complaints.
kagegirl
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

all three of my older children and my youngest are BC babies. hell of a way to find out my body doesnt respond to hormonal BC. My youngest, we were using encares, but DF has some determined little swimmers. Now, at the moment, we are on medicaid because i lost my job while preggo, but, we are slowly getting back on our feet. i am not saying there are not users, what i am saying is, not all people on pa withj a bunch of kids ARE users.

krystyneh
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Oh I agree 100% my friend refuses to use protection and once pregnant it's "I wonder how much more money the state will give me now." SERIOUSLY WTF

Quoting Anonymous:

I just don't understand why people want to complain when they are the ones that didn't take percautions

Quoting krystyneh:

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Have as many as you want if you can afford them. I had a client once that was a SAHM and her husband work in a factory. They lived on a 3 bedroom govt subsidized apt with their 12 children. They received over $1400 in foodstamps and All of the children were on Medicaid. That is more in a month than someone working 50 hours a week at min wage job without any deductions. Ridiculous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)