Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe in signs from those who have passed?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 70 Replies
2 moms liked this
My very dear friend passed away after years of battling cancer. She was only 39. I believe she is around and has let us know. I believe she sent me a ladybug, that hung around for days at my front door. (I love ladybugs, have many collectibles). I went to my first football game, the Chargers and Raiders in San Diego. As we were driving to the game it was pouring and hailing. It stopped when we were parking. We watched the game a decided to leave with 5 mins left, we get in the car to leave and it starts pouring and hailing again. (She was a huge Raiders fan). The silliest one is, my teens are always on Twitter. One day last month, Fred Flintstone was trending. Very odd since their not even that popular anymore. My friend had to be the biggest Flintstone fan. She knew her Aunt, who loved dragon flies sent them to her.
I know some will say coincidence, I say its her. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
At my parents house, when my dd and I move back in with them, I moved into my older sisters room and my dd stayed in my old room. Well, when my husband and I were just dating, he stayed over one night while my parent were out of town. Out of nowhere the smoke detector went off, but only the one in my room. He got up, turned it off, checked the house just incase, and laid back down. Not even 10 mins later it went off again. My sister and him were friends years ago and still to this day, we swear my sister messes with us. And no, it wasn't the batteries dieing since I had put in a brand new one the night before. I think it can happen but sometimes It could be our minds trying to make something into it being them bc it gives us survivors something to smile about. But, I'd rather believe that it's the ones who aren't here physically anymore!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:25 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes.

I hear from my best friend from time to time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't. I don't believe in anything supernatural.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this
I do, I believe my friend Jacqui saved me & my son during our accident, everything that was hanging from my rear view mirror was found but her flowers from her wedding, when I woke up, I was dreaming of Jacqui, she had those purple flowers in her hair.
atyou
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
*chills*

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

I do, I believe my friend Jacqui saved me & my son during our accident, everything that was hanging from my rear view mirror was found but her flowers from her wedding, when I woke up, I was dreaming of Jacqui, she had those purple flowers in her hair.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes my dad and my childhood friend are around a lot.

If I start yelling at my kids things will fly out of cabinets and off the wall. Other times candles will just go out. I smell my dad from time to time as well. He has never been in this house he was already gone by the time we bought it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I do. My parents passed away several years ago but sometimes when I'm walking through the house I will smell my dad. He had a distinct smell and it will hit me. It's weird.

bumNmoos_mom
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I deff do believe in the supernatural.. Almost four years ago my father n law died. He was diagnosed with cancer and three weeks later passed. 

Well after his death, my son would sit in my bedroom and talk and talk.. We couldnt understand a word he is say because he barely spoke, (autistic).. Well on another instance my daughter and I were leaving and and I was holding her hand walking down the stair case.. She had her hand lifted in the air as if she were holding someones hand. I asked her what are you doing? she says " I am holding grandpa Skips hand." There have been many times that I felt he has been here with us. I encountered two incidences regarding him, one prior to his death and on post  his passing. He was in a nursing home and one night I dreamt he had a stroke.. As usual I got up, did what I had to do and went off to see him (I visited daily). When I got there the nurse had told me he had a stroke in the middle of the night. Now, that was crazy. I told my husband but he is no believer. The second incident was one night in the middle of the night, I happen to wake up and look at the direction of my husband and there was a real bright light next to thim. Then I blinked and it was gone. Now, eveyrone knows when you wake up in a dark room, there is no way you are gonna se a bright light when there is not one.. I have had aother experiences in the past as a younger child, but these are the ones that mean anything to me.

bekkage
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I was about to do a presentation for my senior seminar class in college. I had gotten myself all worked up and had convinced myself that I was going to bomb the presentation even thought I had worked so hard on it.

As I was getting out of the car to head into the school building (mind you I was in tears because I thought I was going to fail my presentation), the pamphlet from my great-grandfather's funeral fell onto the seat of the car.  The funny thing was that car didn't make the trip to his funeral.  I was at college without my car and my friend let me use his car to drive the 2 1/2 hours to the funeral so that my mother didn't have to drive an hour in the opposite direction to come and pick me up.

I believe that it was his way of telling me to calm down because I was prepared & would do fine.  I ended up getting an A on my presentation.

Roo1234
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

When I first got engaged, I was anxious about telling my 93 yo grandmother, for a variety of important reasons.  I decided that rather just surprising her with the news (and him) I would bring it up during one of our weekly lunches at her home.

I told her all about him and about how he was working a second job to save up for a ring.  I commented that it wouldn't be anything large or flashy, and joked that you would probably need a magnifying lense to see the diamond.  She patted her left hand and said "I bet you a penny that your diamond will be bigger than mine." 

Not long after that she had a series of debiliating strokes and within a few months passed away...just three weeks before my wedding.  The last night I worked (at a local grocery store) before my wedding,  I noticed a penny had been dropped on the floor where I was working.  When I picked it up I happened to glance at the date, 1903, which was the year my grandmother was born.  She had managed to find a way to get that betted penny to me.  It was with me through the entire celbratory day and still resides in our wedding scrapbook.  

I like to believe it was her way of giving me her blessing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN