Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What embarrassing things have your children said?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 186 Replies
1 mom liked this

10 Most Embarrassing Things Kids Say

Posted by Ericka Sóuter on February 6, 2013 

mouthWe parents wait anxiously for those first words. Then that first sentence. We dream of the day we can actually have a conversation with our precious little ones. But eventually, we all come to the startling realization that with all that chatter comes some inevitably embarrassing moments.

Take this recent incident for example. I was in the elevator of our apartment building with my son along with another mother and child. When the mom suggested we have a playdate, my darling kid said, “No. My mom says he’s mean and rude so you can’t come to my house.” I was mortified. I felt so bad. I know I'm not the only mom who has been there. I asked around. Here are the 10 most embarrassing things our kids say.

1. As an overweight woman stops to compliment on how cute your DD is, DD says, "Oh mommy, that lady is really fat."
  2. During a playdate you hear your son telling his friend, "My mommy said she doesn't like your mommy." That mom happens to be in earshot too!
  3. "Grandma, why does mommy think you have a big nose?" DS says after overhearing you say your mother-in-law is nosy.
  4. Visiting a family member's home, you take your son to the bathroom and he loudly whines, "Iccckkkkk! This bathroom is nasty."
  5. When the minister remarks he hasn't seen the family in awhile, DS shares, "Mommy and daddy like to sleep on Sundays."
  6. While having dinner with the neighbors, your DD reveals, "I dropped all the rolls on the floor but mommy put them back on the plate."
  7. "My daddy poops with the door open," boasts DS during drop-off.
  8. As you grab the back of your son's pants to get him from under the restaurant table, he shouts very loudly, "You're touching my private parts!"
  9. "Mommy that man smelled really bad, like cat pee!" as a disheveled man walks by.
  10. As you bend down to help your child put on her coat at pick-up, she says, "Mommy, your breath smells rotten."

What embarrassing things have your children said?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Yurixsi
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Yesterday I was on the bus with 4 yeard old ds. He looked at a guy and said you stink mister.. I scolded him.. Alittle later he tells the same guy why dont you take a bath..my dad makes me take a bath everyday so I dont smell... I was so embaresd..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Lmfao...  Naeem has said a few times in a public bathroom "OMG mama what died?"  bwahaha..  I nearly die of laughter every time.

One time an elderly lady at Walmart was infront of us checking out.  She came over and was talking to Naeem.  He puts his hand out and says ma'am your breath stinks.  I wanted to crawl in a hole and dieeeeeeeeeee!  Atleast he was polite, I guess....  Ugh... we had a long talk in the car that certain things you do not say!

edelweiss23
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I had recently lost a lot of weight and was shopping for some new smaller bras and underwear, when my 7 year old struck up a conversation with a very handsome gentleman who was shopping for his wife.

He asked her what she was shopping for today and she replied " my mom needs new undies because she isn't fat any more".

Thankfully he was a childhood family friend or I would have died of embarrassment.
BKozICan
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM
12 moms liked this

Shakes pastor's hand on the way out of church. "Holy shit, Pastor." Luckily, pastor answered back, "I see you've been with your grandmother this week." :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

*In a public restroom stall, my dd loudly asks, "Mommy, why do you have hair on your butt?" She referred to a vag and the butt as a "butt."

*My husband's changing her diaper in a public restroom, she was 3 (yes, she toilet trained late), and she was screaming, stop digging, get your fingers out of there. Of course, he wasn't harming her or doing any of that, but he designated me to change her in public from then on.

*I don't know which is worse: (1) screaming loudly in a restaurant "I have to poooooop!" or (2) "I am pooping!!" she's done both.

c_edmonds
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter asked me were my boobs squishy while we were in the grocery store...it came straight out of left field.

im_2_xblessed
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I have 2 things to share when my now 13 yr old was about 3 her uncle made "hippo ears"with his hair on each side on top of his head...she thought that it was funny so we go to the mall and a lady had 2 small beehive like blobs on her head. So my darling yells out look mom a hippo( didn't help the lady was kinda heavy) I wanted to disappear.

My now 11 yr old was about 6 and she asked how baby's were made so I told her when a mommy and daddy love each other they have a "special hug" and 9 months later they have a baby.... So we were in target and she was sitting in the cart and a guy with about 6 kids walked by she turns and says......wow mommy he sure did A lot of hugging! I so wanted disappear again
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Very loudly in a restroom ds was about 2, says ''why are you wearing a diaper mommy?'" It was a pad. He also said loudly at the dollar store'LOOK MOM! That man is huge!!' Luckily, the guy was crazy tall, not overweight, and they guy told him it was eating his veggies. Lol
405mom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Mine has done the "Mommy why is that man so fat?" one, I have more but not a lot of time.

toopicky429
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
6 moms liked this
Once in the grocery store my son announced that a woman in the aisle smelled like she had released her anal glands. He was four. I grabbed him, and hussled out of the aisle, lol. We have two Great Danes who both (unfortunately) release their anal glands when they are upset.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)