Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How did you tell your DH, and family's...

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

That you were pregnant???

Both times I told DH I took a test first thing in the morning, the first time i waited until he got home from work and told him, then the second time, we were trying for 11 months, so when I found out I couldn't wait 9 hours for him to get home from work, so I called him & told him :)

with DS1 we went to my moms house, my dads house and in laws all in one night, and brought flowers for moms and beer for dads and told them they were going to be grandparents :)

with DS2 we had DS1 wear a shirt that said I'm going to be a big brother & had everyone over for dinner :)

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Randomly took a test after the gym... I took a pic and sent it to my parents. Think we just called my inlaws to tell them after we passed the first trimester. 

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Df was with me when I took the test because he thought I was pregnant and I didn't believe him. Turns out, he was right. 

We were only 19 so telling my parents was scary as hell. We sat them down a couple days after we found out and my parents freaked out on me. 

We told his parents when my parents came over to his house the next day to talk to them. We were waiting for the right time to tell them because we knew they wouldn't mind so much considering they already have 7 grandkids from df's brothers. My mom ended up telling them before we had the chance. 

Not picture perfect but hey, it's life. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM

We called and said were pregnant

Junesmommy18
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
I took a test at work actually, came Home and nearly yelled it at him. Parents found out when My OB (Who is close with my Parents) Congratulated them.. Not knowing I hadnt told them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jensep
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM

BUMP!

HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Dh was with me each time to see the results of the test. We just came out and told the rest of the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Dh was with me the 1st time. The 2nd time I took a test & he woke up like an hour later so since I wasn't home I told him to go look on the sink. First time we just told our parents,etc. This time we sent them all a picture of our dd holding a sign that said, "I'm gonna be a big sister!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nataliesmom2012
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM

SO actually found out before I did. I swore up and down I wasn't pregnant and he had me take a test. I laid it down on the sink and walked away without even looking at it. A few minutes later, he walked into the bathroom to check it out and he saw the plus sign. With the in laws, SO actually got into an argument with them and blurted it out... Yeah. Awkward. We gave my mom a birthday card from "baby". So that's how her and my SF found out. I called my dad and told him and I also called my SM and told her since dad was at work.

jbirdsladie27
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I'm pregnant...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jensep
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)