Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

can you elect to have your reproductive organs removed??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I know it would probably be hard finding a doctor willing to do it but I'm still curious lol.
All the stuff that could/does go wrong with the various forms of female BC, I would rather just not have those organs anymore.
But I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having them removed electivly, without a medical beed or being older in age.

Any thoughs ladies?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Nope never would ask for that one. Ever wonder what could go wrong to take out the parts when they work just fine? Just because you don't trust BC or are worried about the effects? I pass.

Lorena
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 3:55 PM
I want mint taken out. My tubes have been tied 11 yrs next month and I have problems yet I can't find a Dr to do it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Quoting Lorena:

I want mint taken out. My tubes have been tied 11 yrs next month and I have problems yet I can't find a Dr to do it.

What's going wrong with your tubes being tied, if you don't mind me asking. I don't think I've ever heard about what can go wrong with that!
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I had a hysterectomy almost 3 years ago but it was necessary. I was in so much pain that I couldnt take it anymore. I wouldn't recommend something that drastic though just because you don't want to take BC. A  hysterectomy is major surgery and I seriously doubt you could even FIND a doctor who would do it unless it was medically necessary. I had to BEG my doctor to do mine; he didn't want to because of my age ( I was 34 at the time) but I told him if he didn't do it, I'd find someone who would. I couldn't live like that anymore.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:07 PM

sure, if you can find a doc and hospital to do it and you're willing to pay out of pocket.  I wanted my ovaries removed when I had my last c-section (they did a tubal at the same time) but the doc just shot me "the look".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I think you can but if its not medically necessary surgery you will probably have to pay all costs without insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM

If you find a doctor willing to write it up like a medical reason, then yes.  Tell your doc you have heavy bleeding and pain.  

I had a complete hysterectomy last year.  When I began having health problems, it was the very first thing my doctor suggested.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Im 30 and had a partial hyst by choice when I was 29. I didnt have a problem finding a doc. Im married with 4 kids and do not want more kids. I still have my ovaries so if I end up changing my mind I can use a surrogate.
happykitty316
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM
You cant - Im infertile and would love a hysterectomy, but they wont give me one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
model1000mom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I tried and my Dr said they wont.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN