Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

moms who have been thru paternity testing esp in missouri

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
So the father of this child wants a paternity test. I don blame him being that I was engaged to another man at the time of conception. I know 100% that this child is his but he's just not sure. So my question is will they make him sign the birth cirtifacte? (Sp) and will they automatically make him do child support?

No I'm not a troll
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I'm not sure but here's a bump! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:21 PM
He has to be there to sign. He can tell the doctor he wants a DNA test first. I live in MO
hggmommy87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM
No they will not make him sign the birth certificate and the only wau they will make him pay child support is if you request it or you apply or are on state assistance
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hggmommy87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM
You can go to cse and they will order a dna test, if its his he will have to pay, if its not you will
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Go to your local child support enforcement agency to set the test up.  You can talk him into it by letting him know that if he is not the father, he doesn't pay for the test, you do.  That is how it works in Ohio, anyway.  

If you set up a private test, the results will only be sent to you and him then you have to take the results to a lawyer (or your local child support enforcement agency) and set up child support yourself.

sassygoddess
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
They will not put him on the BC unless he is there to sign and if he signs he has to sign a paternity affidavit acknowledging paternity. They will not automatically go after him for CS unless you are on PA... Then they will. Oh and I live in MO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Once you file with cse, they'll do the paternity test. If the child is his, he'll have to pay for the test, if not you will. Once the state proves paternity his name will go on the birth certificate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Yes I am on state assistance so I guess they will make him pay cs which is fine by me. I know they asked the father of my son if he wanted a paternity test he said no signed the b\c and the state made him pay c\s even though we told them we were together they said we had to be married to drop the c\s

Quoting hggmommy87:

No they will not make him sign the birth certificate and the only wau they will make him pay child support is if you request it or you apply or are on state assistance

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Thank you. I do know for 100% that this child is his. I'm 3 months pregnant and the last time my exdf had sex was 7 months ago.

Quoting Anonymous:

Once you file with cse, they'll do the paternity test. If the child is his, he'll have to pay for the test, if not you will. Once the state proves paternity his name will go on the birth certificate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Yes I am on pa. And he better be there for the birth of his child lol

Quoting sassygoddess:

They will not put him on the BC unless he is there to sign and if he signs he has to sign a paternity affidavit acknowledging paternity. They will not automatically go after him for CS unless you are on PA... Then they will. Oh and I live in MO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)