Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you tell *update

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

your sister that her husband of over 5 years is an unfaithful jerk?

She forgave him the first time he cheated and I thought they were happy but I was completely wrong! I went over to pick up my lil one from visiting with them. My sister was taking a shower so I thought I would just wait on her so I could hang out with her a bit. Well her husband comes over to sit next to me on the couch and we just start talking about work and stuff nothing big. Well out of nowhere he puts his hand on my upper thigh. I pushed it away and was like wtf are you doing?! He comes closer and is making grabs for my arms and puckering up his lips saying things like I am so hot and he wants me so bad right now. I screamed and as soon as he heard the water turn off he ran into their bedroom. I picked up my lil one and just ran out of there. IDK why I didn't stay to tell her right than and there but I just wanted away from him.

I just got a home a few mins ago and my sister has called me 3 times already asking why I didn't wait on her and for me to call her as soon as I am safely home. 

IDK where to begin or how to tell her what happened. I love her and want her happy but this would hurt her so bad. 

Anyone have a time machine??? 

You ladies are right. I am going to call her back right now...wish me luck! I hope she isn't mad at me!!!

Well she said she needed some time to think about what I just told her. I offered for her to come over but she said she doesn't want to see me right now. She than told me that she has intention of leaving her husband just because I'm jealous over her marriage and want her to be single as well. Idk really know how to take all that. But I guess it's somehow all my fault...I just thought she needed to know is that so wrong?!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Bird16_J
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:20 PM

First he would've tried that with me and I would've decked him and then told my sister when she got out of the shower. But it now sounds like she doesn't want to believe you because it's easier to blame you than believe you. Sorry for her but if she's not careful it'll come back to bite her in the ass and she'll end up  with somethign incurable! Sorry she's treating you like that!

mama_of_tw0
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM

You did nothing wrong. And I can't believe your sister would make you feel like ANY of this is your fault. I would want to know if my DH did that. Good luck. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Oh wow! 

Quoting Maevelyn:

well my cousin's wife was always cheating on him and when anyone said anything he would get upset. Then when they split up he tried to say that no one told him! What ever! He got VD and he still believed her. He had to catch her in bed with 2 other guys before it sank in. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I wanted to but was just in shock I guess. I just wanted to be as far away from him as possible. That's what I am scared of. I really hope that doesn't happen to her! 

Quoting Bird16_J:

First he would've tried that with me and I would've decked him and then told my sister when she got out of the shower. But it now sounds like she doesn't want to believe you because it's easier to blame you than believe you. Sorry for her but if she's not careful it'll come back to bite her in the ass and she'll end up  with somethign incurable! Sorry she's treating you like that!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I am hoping she will realize that I didn't want to hurt her and apologize. Thanks! 

Quoting mama_of_tw0:

You did nothing wrong. And I can't believe your sister would make you feel like ANY of this is your fault. I would want to know if my DH did that. Good luck. 

Maevelyn
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:31 PM

yeah she was just awful. The cheating was bad but it was worse when they split up!  She let her kids be babysat by a know sex offender so she could get high. She would disappear and then reappear, sometimes she would leave the girls with someone and not tell my cousin and then he couldn't find his kids. They always got lice when they went to visit her. It's really sad but the last time I heard his oldest dd talk about her mom (there was a rumor she was coming to town) she said "the only place I want to see her is dead in ditch." Which isn't the healthiest thing a kid has ever said but given that she was once really depressed, blamed herself for her mom abandoning her ect I think it's a step up. Eventually she'll accept that her mom is worth pitying but right not she's working out that she doesn't want her in her life. That is my Jerry Springer worthy story. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow! 

Quoting Maevelyn:

well my cousin's wife was always cheating on him and when anyone said anything he would get upset. Then when they split up he tried to say that no one told him! What ever! He got VD and he still believed her. He had to catch her in bed with 2 other guys before it sank in. 

Bird16_J
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Oh I understand that! I would definitely be in shock as well! That's so fucked up that he did that! And I'll keep fingers crossed that she wakes up before she gets something that's NOT curable! Cause if he tried it with you I can almost bet that he's done it with someone else! Poor thing

Quoting Anonymous:

I wanted to but was just in shock I guess. I just wanted to be as far away from him as possible. That's what I am scared of. I really hope that doesn't happen to her! 

Quoting Bird16_J:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:34 PM

I am sorry to hear all that. Hope those kids don't get hurt based on her poor choices. 

Quoting Maevelyn:

yeah she was just awful. The cheating was bad but it was worse when they split up!  She let her kids be babysat by a know sex offender so she could get high. She would disappear and then reappear, sometimes she would leave the girls with someone and not tell my cousin and then he couldn't find his kids. They always got lice when they went to visit her. It's really sad but the last time I heard his oldest dd talk about her mom (there was a rumor she was coming to town) she said "the only place I want to see her is dead in ditch." Which isn't the healthiest thing a kid has ever said but given that she was once really depressed, blamed herself for her mom abandoning her ect I think it's a step up. Eventually she'll accept that her mom is worth pitying but right not she's working out that she doesn't want her in her life. That is my Jerry Springer worthy story. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Yea I am crossing my fingers too! 

Quoting Bird16_J:

Oh I understand that! I would definitely be in shock as well! That's so fucked up that he did that! And I'll keep fingers crossed that she wakes up before she gets something that's NOT curable! Cause if he tried it with you I can almost bet that he's done it with someone else! Poor thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Your last update is exactly why I didn't tell one of my best friends her fiancé tried to cheat on her with me shortly before their wedding date. I was the maid of honor and it was one night after we'd went out and then crashed at my house. I was so mad at him for being such a jerk and putting me in that situation. He had actually tried the same thing with another friend of ours a couple years prior to that and when she told her she didn't believe her and it ultimately ruined their friendship. So I just kept my mouth shut cause I knew she would resent me and would end up staying with him anyway. We've since drifted apart and they are still married about 10 yrs now and have a daughter. I can only hope that he has matured since then and is faithful but who knows! I think you did the right thing though, it's too bad your sister isn't willing to face the truth. I'm sure she knows that you are being honest but is choosing to believe otherwise, hopefully she will come around and someday may even thank you for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured