Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't understand

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

why people who filed their taxes WAY after me have already received their refunds!  It is so frustrating!  I filed on the 22nd, and the website still shows processing (sometimes it says that it can't even find my refund).  People who filed a week or more AFTER me already have their return.  I am trying to move and I need the money for a security deposit, but I can't do anything until the money comes in and I'm afraid someone else will get the house before I do!

So.... when did you file, how long did it take to process (or is it still processing?) and when did you get your money back (or when is it scheduled to be sent to you)?  Also, how much is your return?  Does it maybe go by the amount that you are getting back?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Did you claim an education credit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

The IRS doesn't like you lol.

I filed on the 31st, got my acceptance e-mail on the 1st, getting mine tomorrow baby! Shopping!! It processed from the 31st to yesterday, then it told me I would get mine Friday.

Try to order your tax return transcript for 2012. If it lets you, it means your refund is done processing and you will get a deposit date shartly after. I ordered mine and got a DD the next day, so did a bunch of other people I know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Did you recently have a baby?  When we filed our taxes the tax lady said that they were having trouble getting people refund if they had recently had a baby(like mid. Oct- Dec.) because of a delay with the Social Security cards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Filed on the 25th. Accepted for processing on the 2nd. Still processing. Getting $6303

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Nope.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you claim an education credit?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Lol, I'm starting to think so! 

Where do I order a transcript?  On the IRS website?

Quoting Anonymous:

The IRS doesn't like you lol.

I filed on the 31st, got my acceptance e-mail on the 1st, getting mine tomorrow baby! Shopping!! It processed from the 31st to yesterday, then it told me I would get mine Friday.

Try to order your tax return transcript for 2012. If it lets you, it means your refund is done processing and you will get a deposit date shartly after. I ordered mine and got a DD the next day, so did a bunch of other people I know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:45 PM

No, my youngest is almost 5, so that's not it, either :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you recently have a baby?  When we filed our taxes the tax lady said that they were having trouble getting people refund if they had recently had a baby(like mid. Oct- Dec.) because of a delay with the Social Security cards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Mine was accepted on the 31st.

Quoting Anonymous:

Filed on the 25th. Accepted for processing on the 2nd. Still processing. Getting $6303

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I mean, I know that they JUST started processing them a week ago, but I hate that so many people have already gotten theirs back and I really need mine but still haven't gotten it! :(

Quoting ProudTeenMom319:

It has been over a week since I filed. 
I am in the same situation.
We are suppose to be buying a trailer right near my dads place, but we can't put any money on it until we get our taxes, and they are going by first with the money. :/ 
Last year when I didn't really need the money, I got it almost immediately. Just figures. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yep. I just went and then searched *order transcripts* and clicked the link.

If it doesn't let you it means it really isn't done processing.

The IRS is taking extra measures this year to prevent fraud so some returns are later than others.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol, I'm starting to think so! 

Where do I order a transcript?  On the IRS website?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)