Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Admit it, your kid was wrong! Edit in red

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 242 Replies
11 moms liked this

My 11 year old daughter got off the bus with tears in her eyes saying that she got in trouble today and the principal would be calling me, I asked her what happened and she said her, a little boy and her friend got in trouble in the cafeteria today for talking when one of the teacher was telling them to be quiet.  It took about 2 minutes for my daughter to admit that they where wrong.  The little girl that was also talking was suppose to sleep over Saturday night and I told my daughter that was not happening now, that she should have zipped her lips when she was told to.  So she called her friend and told her she could not sleep over, her mom then wanted to talk to me.  I get on the phone and the mother is insisting that her child did nothing wrong and her and her husband where suppose to have dinner and a movie Saturday night for Valentines Day because he has to work all next weekend.  I told her I could have my babysitter call her and more than likely she would be able to do it, she then said they did not have the money to to pay a babysitter and go out.  I suggested cooking dinner at home and using the money they would eat out with to pay for a babysitter and they could still go to the movies but she did not want to hear anything else I had to say and just said she had to go.  I am sorry but both of our children where wrong and I am not going to reward bad behavior so you and your husband can have a date night.

I am shocked at how many parents are just OK with a child breaking rules in school.  I guess there are parents who believe their kids are the states problem for 8 hours a day.  My daughter is taking her punishment better than some adults here.  I have a few things to get done but I will be back later to reply to anything that is left for me.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gblossom
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Good for you!! :)

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn you go for the gusto, huh?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
7 moms liked this

I sure do, I do not play games when it comes to respecting a teacher.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Damn you go for the gusto, huh?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:48 PM
13 moms liked this

She got in trouble at school and now gets in trouble again at home.  Wow no wonder kids don't talk to their parents much

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM

ok

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM
33 moms liked this

Parents allow their kids to be disrespectful to teachers and then wonder why they have so many behavioral problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

She got in trouble at school and now gets in trouble again at home.  Wow no wonder kids don't talk to their parents much

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I agree with you, but I don't think the punishment fits the crime.

Quoting Anonymous:

Parents allow their kids to be disrespectful to teachers and then wonder why they have so many behavioral problems.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't listen to the haters Mama, you did the right thing! As for the other Mom? Too effin bad. Her  social life should take a back seat to her responsibility to her kids.

cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Sounds a little harsh IMHO.

Miranda1127
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 4:52 PM
11 moms liked this

I would be more concerned w/why the principal would be calling b/c kids were talking at lunch. Sounds a bit much if you ask me. Guilty or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)