Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone who has moved out of state?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM
  • 42 Replies

So I want to move from MA to VA. I dont understand how to do it though. All the places I have contacted about renting say they wont rent to me unless I have a job down there. But I hear that its impossible to get a job unless you are already living in the area. I certainly cant imagine how I could get a job in the area without a place to live. Has anyone done this? No I dont have family or friends down there, I am leaving all of them behind to move to a new place (hopefully). Any tips or ideas? Is this just impossible to do?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM

BUMP!

CV3
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:51 PM

BUMP!

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Do you have the security deposit and maybe 3 months rent up front? That might help convince them you will be responsible for the rent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Get a job with a good company and they will pay relocation, that's what we've always done.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I would never move without a job. Of course they wont rent to you. You would have no source of income
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Are you working now? Do they have a branch near where you want to go you could transfer too?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM

we moved from ca to texas 2 years ago. we didn't have a job till 3 weeks after we moved there. we got our apt a week after moving there. we luckily had a lot of money saved cuz we had been planning this move for a few years. we had to find a complex that did short term renting. 3 months. it was hard cuz most places won't do it for less then 6 months. so I had to call around. but finally found a place that did a 3 month lease and just paid for the whole 3 months in cash on move in day. thats about the only way you can do it. otherwise find 1 of those extended stay motels that charge by the week. we were in 1 of those for the 1st week until our apt was ready to move in.

Collier3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM

When we moved, my DH got a job with a local company and they gave him his offer letter stating his start date and salary. We used that along with his pay history from his old company to rent a house in the state.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Idk, I always stayed with family

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:02 PM

You can get a job without living there. Just when you apply tell them you're looking to relocate to the area. And when you look at places tell them you are getting a job in the area/relocating. We've lived in 3 different states and never had a problem. GL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN