Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pennies and the afterlife

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

I am not a skeptical person, if someone see's a ghost, can communicate with the afterlife awesome ill listen to your stories and go on about my way I don't really question it, etc.

My dad passed when I was 17 (I am 26 now) and his fiancé had all sorts of ‘encounters' with him, TV would change to the channel they always watched, cd player would come on randomly music would turn up with a familiar song etc. My grandma said she would smell his cologne out of nowhere his way of letting them know he was around. I have yet to experience anything except for a VERY vivid dream a few years after he passed.

I have heard of passed loved one's leaving pennies laying around so to speak to let them know they're around, I believe that's what I've heard not sure if its them trying to communicate something OR just them saying hey I'm here I love you or what not, does anyone know?

Yesterday there was two pennies next to each other on the floor in the kitchen ( I had swept about an hr earlier and pretty sure I would have noticed them, it is just DD15 months and my SO in the house and we use no cash just debit/credit cards. Didn't think anything of it, today I came out of the bathroom and there was another on the floor right in front of the door, again my only thought was HOW did that get there and why didn't I notice it before ( I am very in tuned of what is on the floor with a 15 month old) I then walk into the kitchen and there is another one on the floor and one on the counter... umm I am not thinking it is just a coincidence anymore. So I am just wondering if the pennies could be just the I am around OR again does it mean trying to communicate something, any insight would be helpful =)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Yes, I've heard that. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:36 PM

BUMP!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:37 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeriAZ
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Most likely he is there saying Hey Im here! Just acknowlege that he is there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol we cant use pennys anymore in canada, guess my granddad will have to 10 cent's laying around
ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
I have heard that as well... everyone that visits makes statements on the fact that i always have "change lying around".. its somewhat comforting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

why can't you use pennies any more?

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol we cant use pennys anymore in canada, guess my granddad will have to 10 cent's laying around

RLT2
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Idk, that's a sweet thought though! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Everytime someone close to me dies I find a penny on the seat of my car.  No lie.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM

before or after?

Quoting Anonymous:

Everytime someone close to me dies I find a penny on the seat of my car.  No lie.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)