Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Here, I will tell you ;) ....

Here is an idea of what a couple days might look like:

Monday:

Breakfast: grapenuts with rice milk and blueberries

Lunch: Cucumber Sandwiches(Pumpernickel, tofutti "cream cheese" and Cucumbers", carrot sticks, diced peaches

Dinner: Spinach and Kale Bites, Roasted Potatoes, Fresh Pineapple

Snacks: pita&hummus, crackers with peanut butter, apple

Tuesday:

Breakfast: Fruit Salad with Gluten-Free toast

Lunch: Mac n' Shreese (the vegan mac n' cheese") apple slices

Dinner: Grilled Portabella Caps, Mashed potatoes, fresh pears

Snacks: jicama sticks, crackers, pretzels

Wednesday:

Breakfast: Multigrain Pancakes with fruit

Lunch: Grilled 'Cheese' -(rice based vegan cheese slices) carrots with hummus, clementines

Dinner: Vegetable Lasagna(with vegan cheese)

snacks: fresh sugar snap peas, trail mix

*I love to get other ideas so if there are other veggie mamas out there with meal ideas or feedback would love to hear it!

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM

My children also take a multivitamin as well, so they are not deficient in anything.  There are also high amounts of calcium in Kale and Spinach, which are a big part of our diet.

bigmessylife
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You've got to try the Vegnews Mac and cheese recipe. It's amazing, and the sauce freezes well.
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM

i've been vegetarian for 16 years. My husband, strangely, also grew up vegetarian, although his was for religious reasons. I decided to follow a casein-free, gluten-free diet to help my Autistic son with his symptoms. When you take out the dairy from our vegetarian diet, (we didn't eat eggs to begin with) we were left with a vegan diet. We have been eating that way for so long that it is just a normal thing now.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Why are you vegan?

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I'm vegetarian but can't have dairy while breastfeeding.  I drink soy milk but thinking of switching to almond milk because of the effect soy can have on estrogen.  Do you drink any kinds of milk?  Also, what is mac n shreese? (recipe?)

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quoting zomgkerrie:

i've been vegetarian for 16 years. My husband, strangely, also grew up vegetarian, although his was for religious reasons. I decided to follow a casein-free, gluten-free diet to help my Autistic son with his symptoms. When you take out the dairy from our vegetarian diet, (we didn't eat eggs to begin with) we were left with a vegan diet. We have been eating that way for so long that it is just a normal thing now.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Why are you vegan?

Ok, so are you loosely vegan? Like, do you avoid jello, honey, etc.?

Schleetle
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I don't really go for using pre-made substitutes on a regular basis. I somewhat moved away from considering myself following vegan, and have gone to a more balanced plant based diet. I am sick of the vegan movement it's become too much of a buzz word lately, and I'm not wanting to be in that category. Of course that is pretty irrelevant. The healthy moms group has a lot of veggie recipes, and I have shared quite a few in there before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aikimomof3
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I usually try to stay away from the vegan convenience-type foods, but today I had a morningstar vegan dog for dinner, and it was pretty good.

I eat a lot of beans and salads, fruit and veggie crudite, smoothies, bagels for breakfast. And hummus... definitely can't forget the hummus!

VeggieRunnerMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Almond milk is yummy!!! So is coconut milk :)

Quoting crumpy_gat:

I'm vegetarian but can't have dairy while breastfeeding.  I drink soy milk but thinking of switching to almond milk because of the effect soy can have on estrogen.  Do you drink any kinds of milk?  Also, what is mac n shreese? (recipe?)

crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Good to hear!  I used to HATE soy milk, but now love it, so I'm hoping it'll be the same with almond.  I haven't had cow's milk in months!

Quoting VeggieRunnerMom:

Almond milk is yummy!!! So is coconut milk :)

Quoting crumpy_gat:

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM

We avoid Jello and anything with Gelatin in it. I prefer agave necter as a honey substitute.

and the Mac n' Chreese is like Kraft, just vegan:

http://www.shoporganic.com/product/roads-end-organics-cheddar-mac-and-chreese/boxed_dinners_sides?gclid=CNal89uzpbUCFa9aMgodEUQABw

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Quoting mich.el.le:

Why are you vegan?

Ok, so are you loosely vegan? Like, do you avoid jello, honey, etc.?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN