Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mamas who get child support...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
What do you spend it on?
Groceries?
Clothes & toys for your kid(s)?
Bills?

I mentioned before in a post that I was waiting to get my first child support check because I needed it to help cover a bill and an anon reprimanded me for not spending it directly on my child. So...if I can't pay my heat bill with it then what am I supposed to do with it? Buy my daughter a couple hundred dollars worth of clothes and toys every month?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My moms always got directly deposited in here account.  As long as your kids have some where to live, food to eat, clothes, etc. What difference does it make which money goes where exactly?  That money is supposed to help support them.  The last I heard they needed heat in the winter the same as you do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Rent.  It's a sizeable chunk so I like to use it to pay the rent each month.

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM
It goes into my account with all of my other money. I don't account for where it goes after that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Every penny of child support goes into my child's savings account. I don't need it so there is no point in spending it.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I have no idea.   It's direct deposited into the checking account. 

kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Whatever is needed that week.  Usually food and rent.

Rockermom1977
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM
I put half in an account for my daughter and I spend where I feel it's nessary to spend including a household bill.
kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM

And whoever reprimanded you needs to get a grip.  It really doesn't matter what you spend the child support money on as long as the child is taken care of.  If you use your pay check for rent, utilities, and child care and then get your CS check and spend it on gas it really doesn't matter.  People are such asses about it.  Now if you are going out partying and your kids don't have food that is a different story.

cshepard
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Mine goes to my rent. I provide for my kids in every other way and this is just one expense I don't have to worry about. He is always close to on time and has never missed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 7:00 PM
Clothes, school activities, and yes bills and food.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured