Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Not sure...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
Please give me your honest opinion, I am a big girl and can handle it. I need outsiders views.
I recently went back to work. All has been fine until today. My bf has been making snide remarks such as.. "mommy doesn't wanna be a sahm" "since being a sahD, I see how easy you had it". "i make more off unemployment than you do working 80 hours.
He keeps saying stupid shit to make me feel bad. I went back to work bc he is on unemployment and we're broke. (his factory just shut down, he worked with them for over 7 yrs). He told me today that I was lazy being a SAHM, that he has no problem doing everything"

I am sick of the remarks.
How would you handle this? What would you say to your other half if he/she started with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girlywifey
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I would ignore him. If you quit your job and they end his unemployment then you will be screwed.

TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I'd tell him to stop being an asshole.

But I'm mean like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Unless you want to be a bitch and say things like, 'Oops you missed a spot.'  I don't really see that ending well though.  Have you tried telling him how much it hurts you?  Maybe he's trying to make himself feel better (about being out of work) by putting you down?  Not that it's a good reason, but....

Quoting girlywifey:

I would ignore him. If you quit your job and they end his unemployment then you will be screwed.

kngarber
by Katie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Sit down and have a real conversation about how he is feeling and how he is making you feel.  A lot of men get like that when they are no longer they main provider.  They feel bad about themselves and will talk it out on their SO. 

s.osborne
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Slap the taste out of his mouth
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Um, I'd tell him to get the fuck out of the house.

LoveMyLos
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:17 PM

kick his ass out and not worry about it anymore.

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:19 PM

what is he doing as the "SAHD"? Is he JUST taking care of the baby or is he doing it all? I work full time, DH got let go from his job in December and hasn't found another yet that will work with our schedule. I make enough that he doesn't have to work (he is also in NG so we get drill pay every month).  My husband takes care of our 15 month old, cooks, cleans, does laundry, does the shopping etc--he does it all.  Either way, someone needs to work, you found the job, so you're working. He needs to get off his high horse.

Blessed4x86
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Looks like you two need to have a talk. Communication is very important. He sounds like he may want to talk with you about it but don't know exactly how to approach

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I would be hurt. Some people can handle being a SAHP more than others. Tell him what he is saying is hurting you. I'm sorry Mama. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)