Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any Arkansas mom's?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We're fixing to move and DH originally wanted to move to LA. Now he's thinking AR and my mom keeps saying we should move to TX. I've heard good and bad things about the states so I wanted to ask moms that live there. What do y'all think? Is it safe? How's the economy? Schools? Cost of living? Jobs etc. Anything else you can think of.

I edited my post bc DH seems to be set on AR.We found a gorgeous house in Marcella but then he just found one in Siloam Springs. Anything you can tell me about the areas would be great! Thanks!

Anyone know anything about Fayetteville, Siloam Springs, Marcella, Mountain view and Batesville?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Do you know anything about Siloam Springs? DH just sent me an email about a house there. Lol.

Quoting cricketdawn81:

Yeah, that's true.  I'm in Big Flat so I understand.  There's nothing here except 2 liquor stores and a gas station.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

The house we're trying to get is in Marcella but there's NOTHING in Marcella! Lol.

Quoting cricketdawn81:

Wow, I am 24 minutes from Mtn. View.  It's a great area.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM
What about Siloam Springs?

Quoting xXxLillithxXx:

I live in Arkansas. Fort Smith to be exact. I like it here for the most part not too small and not too big. Cost of living is fairly cheap here but jobs are harder to come by. It really depends on what your DH does for a living. Don't know much about Mountain View AR except that its a hick town and my Ex lives there so I'm thankful I don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 AM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Do you know anything about Siloam Springs?

Quoting ShannaBee:

I'm in Arkansas. It can be a fun place to live. I'm about an hour from Batesville.

cricketdawn81
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I sure dont. Sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know anything about Siloam Springs? DH just sent me an email about a house there. Lol.

Quoting cricketdawn81:

Yeah, that's true.  I'm in Big Flat so I understand.  There's nothing here except 2 liquor stores and a gas station.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

The house we're trying to get is in Marcella but there's NOTHING in Marcella! Lol.

Quoting cricketdawn81:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
The road? We have a road named Siloam Spring down the road from us. Or the town? The town is a bit further up in the Ozarks.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you know anything about Siloam Springs?

Quoting ShannaBee:

I'm in Arkansas. It can be a fun place to live. I'm about an hour from Batesville.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
circle_of_life
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Yeah, Marcella is one of those "blink and you miss it" type towns. But it's right in between Batesville and Mountain View, so not far from either place.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting cricketdawn81:

Kerrigan357
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Siloam Springs seems like a nice place.  They're not in the news a lot for crime/drugs/that kind of thing so that's good.  Fort Smith seems to always be in the news for something like that.  Rogers, Springdale, Bentonville, or Fayetteville are also great places with low crime rate and good people.

Quoting Anonymous:

We just found a house in Siloam Springs. Do you know anything about that area?

Quoting Kerrigan357:

I'm in Northwest Arkansas.  LOTS of jobs here.  Look up Fayetteville or Bentonville.  

MommyEarl09
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

we live in central arkansas just about 30-45 north of little rock and we love it here.  My husband was born and raised in arkansas and I have lived here for the past 8 years, we have 3 little ones and the schools aren't bad.  I know for this year Arkansas ranked in the top 5 on the school rankings list so that says something.  There are a ton of things to do all over the state.  Been to Fayeteville (woo pig sooie Go Hogs!) and it's a great town, lots to do.  I think Arkansas is a great place to raise a family because we can drive 3 hours and be in an awesome location and have good family friendly fun.  State parks are everywhere and I think it's pretty safe.  What does your husband do for a living?  What kind of job he is looking for may have a bigger impact on where you live than anything. 

tinsleighsmom12
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Ive never heard of Marcella but i know Fayetteville is a big college/party town. I wouldnt want to raise my kids there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)