Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any Arkansas mom's?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 170 Replies
We're fixing to move and DH originally wanted to move to LA. Now he's thinking AR and my mom keeps saying we should move to TX. I've heard good and bad things about the states so I wanted to ask moms that live there. What do y'all think? Is it safe? How's the economy? Schools? Cost of living? Jobs etc. Anything else you can think of.

I edited my post bc DH seems to be set on AR.We found a gorgeous house in Marcella but then he just found one in Siloam Springs. Anything you can tell me about the areas would be great! Thanks!

Anyone know anything about Fayetteville, Siloam Springs, Marcella, Mountain view and Batesville?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Bump!
Nursesummer
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm from louisiana
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nursesummer
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
I live in North La. What part are y'all thinking of moving to?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Not sure. He was thinking Shreveport/Bosier City. I'm thinking I don't care as long as it's safe, affordable, and decent. Lol.

Quoting Nursesummer:

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this
It depends on where you move. I live in a small town north of Shreveport. I love it. It's quiet, and I like the school here.
danandsamsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I live in a suburb of New Orleans.  New Orleans has one of the lowest unemployment rates of major metro areas in the country.  State income taxes and property taxes are low.  Sales taxes are high. Compared to the rest of the country, Louisiana made out okay in the recession.  Public schools are awful and we spend a small fortune to keep our kids in private school. 

I feel extremely safe in my suburb.  Even when I worked downtown, I never felt in danger.

Nursesummer
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in Bossier and work in Shreveport. North bossier is great with good schools. I would not live in Shreveport.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure. He was thinking Shreveport/Bosier City. I'm thinking I don't care as long as it's safe, affordable, and decent. Lol.

Quoting Nursesummer:

alc123
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what part you move to. I live 10 minutes from New Orleans.
Meghan6391
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM

My hubby lived in Slydel he said it was safe and jobs werent too hard to find he also siad the school system was good.. he went to slydel high. we just wont move back b/c his ex fiance lives there and she hates me lol

2lilguysmommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

i was born and raised in south west louisiana. it was all great when i lived there. i moved out  of that state in 2007. so i can't tell u.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN