Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for moms whose kids go to daycare...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
My 15 month old has been going to the same daycare since he was 8 weeks. They say he is wonderful there. He eats everything at lunch, and he is super happy all day. However, he doesn't nap very well (usually 1/2 hour or so...)

But when I get him home, he cries all night. I usually lay him down for a nap when we get home (around 2:30) because he has usually barely napped all day. He usually gets up around four. Then he proceeds to cry for the rest of the evening. And he refuses to eat anything but Cheerios, cheese, and fruit. He's usually completely exhausted by 7:00, so that's when I put him back to bed.

Is this normal behavior. I think it's weird that my son is pretty much a completely different kid at daycare. Has anyone else had an experience like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
amyrebecca1853
by Amy on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM
My kids go to the same daycare I work at. My son especially is completely different at home than he is at school. I also see it with the other children in my class. One little girl I swear speaks in perfect sentences (she's two) all day but when mom or dad picks up, she reverts to infancy lol. No idea why but yeah, lots of kids act differently for their parents.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I used to work there (not in his room though). I'm glad to hear it's not just me. I work for wad start now, and I see a lot of kids whose parents say they're terrors and they're perfect angels for us. But I've never seen such different behavior in a baby before...

Quoting amyrebecca1853:

My kids go to the same daycare I work at. My son especially is completely different at home than he is at school. I also see it with the other children in my class. One little girl I swear speaks in perfect sentences (she's two) all day but when mom or dad picks up, she reverts to infancy lol. No idea why but yeah, lots of kids act differently for their parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)