Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

faith healing

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
  • 18 Replies
What do you think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Fraud most of the time.

DEJavu17
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I think so too (and I'm a Christian. )
Do I believe in miracles YES. But I absolutely do not think that you can "pray the sick away"

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Fraud most of the time.

Pink.Sunshine
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I think it's a bunch of bull. If that were true, no one would be sick, hospitals would go out of business.

Quoting DEJavu17:

I think so too (and I'm a Christian. )
Do I believe in miracles YES. But I absolutely do not think that you can "pray the sick away"

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Fraud most of the time.

FL2AK
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I think in addition to traditional medicine it can help.  I had the honor of meeting with a traditional healer when I lived in Alaska.  She works at the Native Medical Center right along with the traditional doctors.  

Moe1521
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's something that can be done on command like you see all the time. I am a Christian woman and I think many people do "false hearings" for the publicity. I also feel there is a lot of corruption in the churches, but that's just me. I believe in miracles, but I agree with you. I think there has to be real passion and real want or need behind the prayers, not people just going around saying people are healed, ya know?
Moe1521
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Can't ***

Quoting Moe1521:

I don't think it's something that can be done on command like you see all the time. I am a Christian woman and I think many people do "false hearings" for the publicity. I also feel there is a lot of corruption in the churches, but that's just me. I believe in miracles, but I agree with you. I think there has to be real passion and real want or need behind the prayers, not people just going around saying people are healed, ya know?

Sassy01
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:02 PM
it can and has killed children here in Oregon.
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:03 PM
No. Even as a Christian, I do not believe God heals you, unless it was his plan all along.

If little Jimmy gets cancer, you can pray to God all you want, but if its his time, it's his time.

DEJavu17
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Watching people like Benny Hinn drives me crazy. He is a great minister, but the "touchhhhh" and people falling over really bugs me. As does speaking in tongues etc.

Quoting Moe1521:

Moe1521
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I respect your opinion and your post, but I guess this is where we differ. I firmly believe that speaking in tongues is a gift, because I have heard it so rarely in my life. I have never been given that gift, but that's okay. I think when people are touched and they "fall over" it's called being anointed, but I'm not sure. But yes, I think it is kinda crazy and maybe over exaggerated.

Quoting DEJavu17:

Watching people like Benny Hinn drives me crazy. He is a great minister, but the "touchhhhh" and people falling over really bugs me. As does speaking in tongues etc.

Quoting Moe1521:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)