Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Those of you who don't have bank accounts....

Posted by   + Show Post

why? I have bank accounts at two different banks and have zero fees and zero problems. no monthly fees, no minumum balance requirements... etc etc. And I didnt even have to search for an account that would do this. so... why wouldn't you have one? just curious.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I have had a checking account with the same bank since I was 18 but recently I had some bad financial problems.

I had gotten a bunch of tickets that I thought were paid off but it turns out some were not. The tickets were because I did not have the proper tags on my car because it wouldn't pass smog but my registration was paid. It wouldn't smog because I had bought it on craigslist and it had all the wrong parts inside:( The guy I bought it from must have paid off the smog place to say it passed when he sold it to me because I had a valid smog certificate when I bought it.

Anyway, I thought I paid all the tickets and I bought a brand new car. Apparently not all had been paid and they went to collections. Over $2000 was taken from all of my accounts plus a little extra, which accumulate fees and the debt grew and I couldn't pay it. I had also been laid off two months before this happened and it was December and I had Christmas presents to buy still.

So yeah, that was why I didn't have an account for a whole. It's been about a year, the debt was settled, and I finally found a credit union who let me open an account, so I no longer feel like a criminal!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
It doesn't make sense. You just sound brainwashed.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Crappy. But he made sense. Why should I just get handed something I don't work for? He pays for the food and the house so the rest goes to him

Quoting Anonymous:

That is fucked up! How so you feel about it?

Quoting Kimbyann:

I don't work for it.

Quoting wooly:

HUH?? HIS MONEY????

Quoting Anonymous:

Sahm and not allowed to handle dh's money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
I go back and forth. I don't use a bank currently, I got sick of it and closed it. I use cash for everything and it works well for me.
amylovesnick07
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I'm a sahm and I don't need one. Me and DH have a joint one and that's enough for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Wow! I couldn't live like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimbyann
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
We both want me to work to help with having a little extra money but with childcare we would be loosing money if I got a job.

Quoting brittany208:

No that doesn't make sense. Do you WANT to work? does HE want you to work? or is he making you stay home.

They way MOST families see it is--you two are a partnership. he takes care of work outside the home, you take care of work inside the home. you both work together as a team to take care of your family, and the money is for BOTH of you as a family. that's how it is in my family.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Crappy. But he made sense. Why should I just get handed something I don't work for? He pays for the food and the house so the rest goes to him

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kimbyann:

I don't work for it.

Quoting wooly:

HUH?? HIS MONEY????

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this
So, he is a controlling asshole who found a young girl that would put up with his shit. I was pretty sure you would say he was quite a bit older than you.

Quoting Kimbyann:

21 + 31

Quoting Anonymous:

You are taking care of the home and kids. Is that not work in his eyes? How old are you and your dh?

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kimbyann:

I don't work for it.

Quoting wooly:

HUH?? HIS MONEY????

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Regions has put me off from banking. They're awful.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM
No freaking kidding?? Again all I can say is WOW!!

Quoting Anonymous:

It doesn't make sense. You just sound brainwashed.

Quoting Kimbyann:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Kimbyann:

I don't work for it.

Quoting wooly:

HUH?? HIS MONEY????

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:25 PM
4 moms liked this

I'd kick him in the ass and quit cooking and cleaning & bathing the kids for a while. And as soonj as he gets home jump in the car and leave for a few hours and let him deal with the kids, dinner and everything else . Let's see if he thinks you're contributing then.

Quoting Kimbyann:

He doesn't believe that's contributing to the household.

Quoting wooly:

I was a SAHM for over 10 yrs and as my MIL explained it to me as long as I did the cleaning, cooking, baking, shopping, taking care of his kids, givin g birth to his kids, & everything else a SAHM does I earned just as much as he did! I also made my kids clothes and knit them sweaters to wear when it was cold. I cooked & baked from scratch and my house was always clean.

Quoting Kimbyann:

I don't work for it.

Quoting wooly:

HUH?? HIS MONEY????

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)