Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom b****ed about my fridge

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Bc I have wine and alcohol in it. Said I'm teaching my kids to drink their problems away. Having a glass of wine every few nights isn't drinking my problems away. I have the two boxes bc I had a girls night this past weekend and this was what was left over. The tequila and alcohol are from NYE party and just waiting for my brother to get it. My kids aren't around when I drink anything heavier than wine. But since when is it bad parenting to teach your kids responsible drinking? That drinking in moderation at HOME is safer?

She used to sit in the living room smoking pot growing up and left us home alone while she drank in a bar down the street....coming home after midnight wasted. Yet bc I have alcohol that most I don't even drink unless I'm socializing I'm the bad mom?

Since the focus is now in the "lack of food", I'll just post my reply here...
Are you ladies SERIOUSLY not able to feed your kids without a fridge?

I mean come on. Todays meals are typical of everyday eating. This am before school, they had whole grain toast with nutella (both in pantry), grapes for DS, cuties for DD (fridge) & milk (fridge) After school snack, DS had a pita pocket with pb (both in pantry) with apple slices (fridge) & water. DD had water and carrots dipped in ranch. (fridge) Dinner was Jack Daniels Teriyaki marinated (that's kept in spice cabinet) chicken breasts (freezer), mashed potatoes (made from actual potatoes in pantry not instant) & steamed broccoli (freezer)

I really don't get how you women don't realize that just bc a fridge doesn't contain an ubber amount of food doesn't mean three kids are feed healthy? What do you feed your kids? What am I missing here? I have a pantry full of frozen veggies and meats. No crap like corn dogs or pizzas. Pantry has breads, pastas, potatoes, fruit that doesn't require a fridge, snacks like baked chips, pretzels, 100 calories packs, etc. my kids are feed FINE, plenty and pretty darn healthy. With the occasional sugar in moderation. So please, tell me how much you feed your kids using only refrigerated foods, since I'm apparently doing it sooooo wrong!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (101-108):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

lol you can feed without a fridge. that is why when you buy ( and sometimes rent) that they don't have a fridge in the house.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Looks fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this
You have redbull, wine, cheese and cookie dough.. all of my favorite things. No complaints here. I have a juice box drawer too! lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Don't feel bad about the way your fridge looks. If it were neat and full of fruits, veggies, organic milk/eggs/butter/cheese, and water the women on here would be calling you out for staging your fridge. There is no winning. My fridge doesn't have a lot of ready-to-eat meals in it either. It's veggies, eggs/milk/butter/cheese, and condiments. I make most of my meals from scratch and, you're right, that requires a lot of room in the pantry and freezer. Don't defend yourself because that's just sinking to their level.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Why are you letting your feathers get so damn ruffled over what someone says about your fridge? Tell your mom not to worry about it, and all these women on CM don't even know you so who gives a wet turd what they think? You get so defensive over...what?

And as far as "feeding kids without a fridge" I have a diet of at LEAST 50% vegetables and fruit. My fridge is constantly overflowed and my pantry is empty. Every story is different...just let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM
was a fridge in my house when we bought it.

Quoting Anonymous:

lol you can feed without a fridge. that is why when you buy ( and sometimes rent) that they don't have a fridge in the house.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN