Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom b****ed about my fridge

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Bc I have wine and alcohol in it. Said I'm teaching my kids to drink their problems away. Having a glass of wine every few nights isn't drinking my problems away. I have the two boxes bc I had a girls night this past weekend and this was what was left over. The tequila and alcohol are from NYE party and just waiting for my brother to get it. My kids aren't around when I drink anything heavier than wine. But since when is it bad parenting to teach your kids responsible drinking? That drinking in moderation at HOME is safer?

She used to sit in the living room smoking pot growing up and left us home alone while she drank in a bar down the street....coming home after midnight wasted. Yet bc I have alcohol that most I don't even drink unless I'm socializing I'm the bad mom?

Since the focus is now in the "lack of food", I'll just post my reply here...
Are you ladies SERIOUSLY not able to feed your kids without a fridge?

I mean come on. Todays meals are typical of everyday eating. This am before school, they had whole grain toast with nutella (both in pantry), grapes for DS, cuties for DD (fridge) & milk (fridge) After school snack, DS had a pita pocket with pb (both in pantry) with apple slices (fridge) & water. DD had water and carrots dipped in ranch. (fridge) Dinner was Jack Daniels Teriyaki marinated (that's kept in spice cabinet) chicken breasts (freezer), mashed potatoes (made from actual potatoes in pantry not instant) & steamed broccoli (freezer)

I really don't get how you women don't realize that just bc a fridge doesn't contain an ubber amount of food doesn't mean three kids are feed healthy? What do you feed your kids? What am I missing here? I have a pantry full of frozen veggies and meats. No crap like corn dogs or pizzas. Pantry has breads, pastas, potatoes, fruit that doesn't require a fridge, snacks like baked chips, pretzels, 100 calories packs, etc. my kids are feed FINE, plenty and pretty darn healthy. With the occasional sugar in moderation. So please, tell me how much you feed your kids using only refrigerated foods, since I'm apparently doing it sooooo wrong!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I'd bitch at you for having boxed wine too...
amy31308
by Ashlee on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I have to hide my alcohol because my mom thinks I can't be a Christian and have alcohol in my fridge and drink lightly.

She's terrified my kids will think it's okay and follow footsteps of my family and be alcoholics and dig abusers.

I hide it to avoid the fight. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Soda is mine. Kool-aid once in a great while "treat". My 5 yo actually prefers water, God bless her!

Quoting mich.el.le:

The juice drinks and soda make me cringe far more than the alcohol. lol

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Wow, that's a lot of Red Bull! LOL.
z0mbiepenguin
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Who cares about what your mom thinks? Can I have a Dr pepper though? I'm out and its my biggest pregnancy craving :(
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Oh well. At least you're not going out to drink then driving home.

He will go home then you'll have peace. Let her think what she wants, just prove her wrong down the road.
ajrjj05
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I am going to bitch about the doctor pepper. YUCK!.. and a 12 pack of red bull, really? and kool aid cool burst?! SUGAR!!!. I see no milk! Cuties are healthy though, but keep those out on the counter. 

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM
I want that dr pepper
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:23 PM

laughing

Quoting anotherhalf:

My problem is that your wine is in boxes. You're teaching them cheap drinking ; )

Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Take a shot, then chase it with one of her kid's Kool-Aid Squeez It thingys she has in the bottom drawer lol.

Fuck it.

I'm coming over.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The vodka about made me puke. I just envision myself taking a shot. The taste/smell. Ew!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)