Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom b****ed about my fridge

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

Bc I have wine and alcohol in it. Said I'm teaching my kids to drink their problems away. Having a glass of wine every few nights isn't drinking my problems away. I have the two boxes bc I had a girls night this past weekend and this was what was left over. The tequila and alcohol are from NYE party and just waiting for my brother to get it. My kids aren't around when I drink anything heavier than wine. But since when is it bad parenting to teach your kids responsible drinking? That drinking in moderation at HOME is safer?

She used to sit in the living room smoking pot growing up and left us home alone while she drank in a bar down the street....coming home after midnight wasted. Yet bc I have alcohol that most I don't even drink unless I'm socializing I'm the bad mom?

Since the focus is now in the "lack of food", I'll just post my reply here...
Are you ladies SERIOUSLY not able to feed your kids without a fridge?

I mean come on. Todays meals are typical of everyday eating. This am before school, they had whole grain toast with nutella (both in pantry), grapes for DS, cuties for DD (fridge) & milk (fridge) After school snack, DS had a pita pocket with pb (both in pantry) with apple slices (fridge) & water. DD had water and carrots dipped in ranch. (fridge) Dinner was Jack Daniels Teriyaki marinated (that's kept in spice cabinet) chicken breasts (freezer), mashed potatoes (made from actual potatoes in pantry not instant) & steamed broccoli (freezer)

I really don't get how you women don't realize that just bc a fridge doesn't contain an ubber amount of food doesn't mean three kids are feed healthy? What do you feed your kids? What am I missing here? I have a pantry full of frozen veggies and meats. No crap like corn dogs or pizzas. Pantry has breads, pastas, potatoes, fruit that doesn't require a fridge, snacks like baked chips, pretzels, 100 calories packs, etc. my kids are feed FINE, plenty and pretty darn healthy. With the occasional sugar in moderation. So please, tell me how much you feed your kids using only refrigerated foods, since I'm apparently doing it sooooo wrong!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Ehh if your mom is upset with that she would probably have a heart attack if she saw my kitchen. We have a floor to ceiling wall of wine and other spirits as well as a glass mini-fridge which we keep chilled wine and beer in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SLMitchell
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Please tell me this is a day-before-grocery-shopping picture.

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I would be straight up pissed if someone commented on what's in my fridge, seriously.

I have a glass of white wine with dinner probably 3 or 4 nights a week, and DH drinks Old Grandad on the rocks most nights as well. Your mom would be appalled! Tell her to mind her own fridge LOL

ETA: High five on the Bailey's coffee creamer haha, I have it too

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Amen.

Quoting anotherhalf:

My problem is that your wine is in boxes. You're teaching them cheap drinking ; )

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM
We don't have milk in the fridge.

Quoting ninjakids:

Except for the no milk looks fine to me (minus the no milk) we keep our 'left over' booze in our freezer though lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Sure. oranges, apples, grapes, carrots, avocado, hummus, strawberries, cheese, eggs, milk, applesauce, grilled chicken strips....most the fruit is in the drawer with the cuties.

Deep freezer contains tons of veggies and lean meats.

Pantry has potatoes, sweet potatoes, grapefruit, more apples/oranges, bread, pasta, can veggies (back up), healthy cereals, etc.

It's very possible to feed children without only feeding foods that require a fridge.

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy junk batman.

If there ANYTHING healthy in there?
Caspriel
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I grew up with alcohol in my fridge all the time and around drunk people partying at my house.My family is full of alcoholics.Made me not want to drink at all actually.Ill have a drink if out with friends,but never felt the urge at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM
No why?

Quoting SLMitchell:

Please tell me this is a day-before-grocery-shopping picture.

marinesweetie
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Can i get a glass of wine? I feel like i need it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:02 PM
Sure! How good are you at Phase 10?

Quoting megan71108:

Can i come play at your house
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN