Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My mom b****ed about my fridge

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Bc I have wine and alcohol in it. Said I'm teaching my kids to drink their problems away. Having a glass of wine every few nights isn't drinking my problems away. I have the two boxes bc I had a girls night this past weekend and this was what was left over. The tequila and alcohol are from NYE party and just waiting for my brother to get it. My kids aren't around when I drink anything heavier than wine. But since when is it bad parenting to teach your kids responsible drinking? That drinking in moderation at HOME is safer?

She used to sit in the living room smoking pot growing up and left us home alone while she drank in a bar down the street....coming home after midnight wasted. Yet bc I have alcohol that most I don't even drink unless I'm socializing I'm the bad mom?

Since the focus is now in the "lack of food", I'll just post my reply here...
Are you ladies SERIOUSLY not able to feed your kids without a fridge?

I mean come on. Todays meals are typical of everyday eating. This am before school, they had whole grain toast with nutella (both in pantry), grapes for DS, cuties for DD (fridge) & milk (fridge) After school snack, DS had a pita pocket with pb (both in pantry) with apple slices (fridge) & water. DD had water and carrots dipped in ranch. (fridge) Dinner was Jack Daniels Teriyaki marinated (that's kept in spice cabinet) chicken breasts (freezer), mashed potatoes (made from actual potatoes in pantry not instant) & steamed broccoli (freezer)

I really don't get how you women don't realize that just bc a fridge doesn't contain an ubber amount of food doesn't mean three kids are feed healthy? What do you feed your kids? What am I missing here? I have a pantry full of frozen veggies and meats. No crap like corn dogs or pizzas. Pantry has breads, pastas, potatoes, fruit that doesn't require a fridge, snacks like baked chips, pretzels, 100 calories packs, etc. my kids are feed FINE, plenty and pretty darn healthy. With the occasional sugar in moderation. So please, tell me how much you feed your kids using only refrigerated foods, since I'm apparently doing it sooooo wrong!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherhalf
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM
26 moms liked this
My problem is that your wine is in boxes. You're teaching them cheap drinking ; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
The vodka about made me puke. I just envision myself taking a shot. The taste/smell. Ew!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Lol well that's what I can afford as a single momma. Still does the job :)

Quoting anotherhalf:

My problem is that your wine is in boxes. You're teaching them cheap drinking ; )
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
But you're gonna get hell for this if it becomes active. Lol oh my god kool aid!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I hate vodka, the tequila hidden behind it is what I prefer. However, in the door are single serving grape vodka shots. Those are ok. May sound gross/weird but I dumped the grape vodka in a glass of OJ and it was surprisingly good!

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

The vodka about made me puke. I just envision myself taking a shot. The taste/smell. Ew!
LivysMama
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

She's just remembering what a crappy parent she was when she was doing all that stuff and putting it off on you. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM
3 moms liked this

The juice drinks and soda make me cringe far more than the alcohol. lol

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I can't even drink oj because in my delusional head I taste vodka in it lol! Jello shots are about the only thing that I can do.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate vodka, the tequila hidden behind it is what I prefer. However, in the door are single serving grape vodka shots. Those are ok. May sound gross/weird but I dumped the grape vodka in a glass of OJ and it was surprisingly good!

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Yuck @ wine in a box. Tell her to mind her own fridge ffs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
I know. BUT under the kool-aid are the fruit/vegetable drinks. The kids usually drink that, the Boost or water. This is the first time in about a yr I let Ds grab a pack of the kool-aid.

Quoting Mamasgirl524:

But you're gonna get hell for this if it becomes active. Lol oh my god kool aid!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN