Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not one to stand by with my mouth shut, I will say something! ETA: Reason why race is a factor!!!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 49 Replies
2 moms liked this
I was in Walmart, which I NEVER go to. Well my dh wanted to go to the self check out when my son started acting up so he took him outside while I waited. The way the line was going WHEN I GOT IN LINE, people were waiting in the center of the 4 regs for the next one to be open so they could check out next. I was waiting for about 5 minutes, when a lady gets in line 2 people back, and asked which line they were in. They replied with how it was going when they walked up. She stands there for another minute, then jumps in front of me. I said excuse me, but I am next. And she said well there is 3 open, why are you in the middle, I explained this is how the line when I got into it line and so its staying like this. She said well if I ask an employee are they going to say thats how it goes, and I went back and repeated myself lime she didnt understand. This is when the enployee finally jumps in and makes her get in the back of the line. I am sorry I might be white, but no one is going to jump in front of me when I have been waiting my turn sorry! Ok rant over, I will not go back to Walmart again!

ETA: The reason I said my race is, because (AND I HAVE SEEN THIS TOO MANY TIMES) is there are more minorities where I live than whites, and MOST white people here wont speak up when a minority does something like this. Yall can say whatever on that, but when I have lived here all my life and see it everyday way too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
6 moms liked this
What does being white have to do with anything?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChanellesMommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM
I understand what you're saying but what does being white have to do with anything lol?
kris0921
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Where I am at, there are a bunch of minorities, and most white people dont speak up around here. I obviously am not one of them.

Quoting jbirchard:

What does being white have to do with anything?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I understand completely.  I hate Walmart and pretty much for the same reason.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM

And the point of bringing your race into it is?

kris0921
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Where I am at there are a bunch of minorities, and most white people around here wont speak up. But obviously I am not one of them.

Quoting ChanellesMommy:

I understand what you're saying but what does being white have to do with anything lol?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
There are a bunch of minorities where I am at, and most whites wont speak up.

Quoting Anonymous:

And the point of bringing your race into it is?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
So badass!
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM
WTF does being white have to do with anything. I understand saying something but why use your race in it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM
So you think other white people are afraid of the minorities in your area? Sorry, but I really doubt it. You're just trying to get people riled up by bringing race into it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN