Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do your kids/will your kids....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

Eat lunch at school, or will you/do you make them lunches?

my son is only 4 right now, but I will be making his lunches every day for school! I personally feel the lunches are gross and unhealthy, and for cheaper than hot lunch I can provide a tastier & healthier lunch for my kids! 

The "fruit" they serve is soaked in juices and sugar!

the meat they serve is not "real meat"

IMO school lunches are no better thn fast food...it's cheap, they buy in bulk......

What do your kids do? What will you do when your kids are in school???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM
It depends on her mood in the morning. Sometimes she buys and sometimes she takes lunch.

She's a very adventurous eater, and makes good food choices.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My children do a little bit of both.  I have discovered that school lunches vary greatly by school, luckily ours are very good and healthy too.  There are 3 hot entree options, a cold sandwish option, and a salad bar option daily.

dandylynes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I make it 4 days a week and she eats school lunch on the last day. Her school serves great lunches tho.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mweddle
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My kids want to and enjoy eating lunch at school.  Its fun for them so I let them.  I'm sure one day they will want to take their lunch again. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Everyone once in a while, he will buy lunch. Maybe once a month.p, he likes taking money and doing t so I am okay with it.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Most days they bring lunch from home. Once a week or so they buy the school lunch. Sure it's not as healthy, but it's not going to kill them.
brittany208
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I'll have to see what the lunches are like once he reaches school age. It'll probably be some of both, though. Since I would imagine he'd get SOOO bored eating a cold sandwich every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

my elementary school just changed their lunch provider and the lunches are AMAZING.  my daughter is allowed to buy lunch 2 times a week.  I wouldnt mind her buying more often but she hasnt asked to do so.

my two high school kids buy it when they want to.  thier choice.

ShutterFreak03
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM
I made all his lunches but then he asked me to stop he wants to buy so I let him.
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Depends on DD. I'm a teacher, and there are a few school lunches that I eat. The cheese dippers are yummy, and I always eat the turkey meal around the holidays. Their salads are good, too. 

If DD is interested in that day's meal, I'll let her buy. If not, I'll pack. Either way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN