Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your kids/will your kids....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Eat lunch at school, or will you/do you make them lunches?

my son is only 4 right now, but I will be making his lunches every day for school! I personally feel the lunches are gross and unhealthy, and for cheaper than hot lunch I can provide a tastier & healthier lunch for my kids! 

The "fruit" they serve is soaked in juices and sugar!

the meat they serve is not "real meat"

IMO school lunches are no better thn fast food...it's cheap, they buy in bulk......

What do your kids do? What will you do when your kids are in school???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
workoutmom2b1g
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Totally gross and unhealthy. I will for sure be making them. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous:

My children do a little bit of both.  I have discovered that school lunches vary greatly by school, luckily ours are very good and healthy too.  There are 3 hot entree options, a cold sandwish option, and a salad bar option daily.

jbirchard
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM
We have a great lunch program. Tons of daily choices. Lots of fruits and veggies ;)
My kids eat lunch at school.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crumpy_gat
by No. on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I make a lunch.  The school has a new lunch program but the food was crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM

we dont get a choice in my city.  You pack a lunch and the kid eats that.  If you live close and are home, you pick your kid up and feed them at home then bring them back.  Until cafemom I thought everyone did that

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Dd and I have an agreement. She rides the bus two mornings each week so she eats the breakfast and lunch the school fixes those days. The other three I pack her lunch.
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM

my son's school doesnt have a cafeteria so I pack for him every day. My dd's school does, but since we are vegetarian and they only have one plate lunch, she only gets to eat at the most twice a week. Her school offers whole grains, low fat and lots of fruits and veg on the plate lunch so I feel pretty confident letting her eat the veg offerings when they have them,

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Where do you live? Just curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

we dont get a choice in my city.  You pack a lunch and the kid eats that.  If you live close and are home, you pick your kid up and feed them at home then bring them back.  Until cafemom I thought everyone did that

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM

toronto

Quoting momof2891:

Where do you live? Just curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Roo1234
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Some of both. Most of the time we pack, but occasionally sure to time constraints or their desire they have hot lunch
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured