Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do your kids/will your kids....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Eat lunch at school, or will you/do you make them lunches?

my son is only 4 right now, but I will be making his lunches every day for school! I personally feel the lunches are gross and unhealthy, and for cheaper than hot lunch I can provide a tastier & healthier lunch for my kids! 

The "fruit" they serve is soaked in juices and sugar!

the meat they serve is not "real meat"

IMO school lunches are no better thn fast food...it's cheap, they buy in bulk......

What do your kids do? What will you do when your kids are in school???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (21-30):
FL2AK
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I leave it up to them. Right now they like to take their lunch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM

breakfast and lunch are free at both my kids schools.  DS can take lunch if he wants or eat breakfast here. but he's on safety patrol so he usually opts to just go and have breakfast with friends before post. 

BeautyFull
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:38 PM

My kids (6 &12) started out getting lunches from school but they hated it so I had to start making them lunches.  I am bored with their lunch can you share some ideas?

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Oh ok. I have never heard of school doing that. Difference in the countries I guess. I like packing a lunch for dd.

Quoting Anonymous:

toronto

Quoting momof2891:

Where do you live? Just curious.

Quoting Anonymous:

we dont get a choice in my city.  You pack a lunch and the kid eats that.  If you live close and are home, you pick your kid up and feed them at home then bring them back.  Until cafemom I thought everyone did that

NikLvsNick
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM

They eat at school. Their school provides a lot of healthy choices so it doesn't bother me at all. If the munchkins want me to make them a lunch all they have to do is let me know.

ADC2005
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
This

Quoting brittany208:

I'll have to see what the lunches are like once he reaches school age. It'll probably be some of both, though. Since I would imagine he'd get SOOO bored eating a cold sandwich every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Dd is 9 and she makes her own lunch every morning.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM
We go over the menu every month and she decides which days she wants to buy and which days she wants to bring. On the days she brings, she makes her own lunch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I will be making his lunch. I agree school lunch is unhealthy. I don't know if there's cross contamination going on or if their meals are prepared with someone not using gloves or if their food isn't at the right temperatures aaaahhhh!!! Ok that's the OCD talking but my son is on a special diet so he couldn't eat that stuff anyways.
1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:42 PM
My oldest checks the menu and eats school lunch on days she likes. This week that was one day. It varies. School lunches vary greatly from school to school. I've been in schools where they are total crap and the opposite.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)