Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do your kids/will your kids....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Eat lunch at school, or will you/do you make them lunches?

my son is only 4 right now, but I will be making his lunches every day for school! I personally feel the lunches are gross and unhealthy, and for cheaper than hot lunch I can provide a tastier & healthier lunch for my kids! 

The "fruit" they serve is soaked in juices and sugar!

the meat they serve is not "real meat"

IMO school lunches are no better thn fast food...it's cheap, they buy in bulk......

What do your kids do? What will you do when your kids are in school???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Our only option is to pack a lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I always pack the tweens lunch, when the toddler starts school in September I'll pack her lunch also.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Nope. They take their lunch every day. School lunches are nasty.

I have a 17 and 5 year old.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I usually make theirs but their school actually has healthy lunch choices. They can get yogurt, wraps and turkey sandwiches with lettuce, tomatoes and onion. They also have several fruit choices and a raw veggie cup. They also have salads. 

mewebb82
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM
My oldest son buys every day. He's in middle school though, where it is "so uncool" to bring lunch. Lol
With my daughter, it just depends on what they are serving and her mood. The lunch options in her school are actually fairly healthy compared to what I've seen in other schools.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Oh.No am not on Pinterest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BeautyFull:

My kids (6 &12) started out getting lunches from school but they hated it so I had to start making them lunches.  I am bored with their lunch can you share some ideas?

I haven't had to start this yet :) but I have already started a folder on Pinterest with ideas :) if you are on Pinterest type in the search box "kids lunches for school" you will find tons of cute simple ideas :)

http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-shortcuts/how-to-pack-a-better-school-lunch-120119

Few ideas here, you can google fun ways to pack kids lunches, and lots of things will pop up, I just look at the images :)

BeautyFull
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh.No am not on Pinterest.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BeautyFull:

My kids (6 &12) started out getting lunches from school but they hated it so I had to start making them lunches.  I am bored with their lunch can you share some ideas?

I haven't had to start this yet :) but I have already started a folder on Pinterest with ideas :) if you are on Pinterest type in the search box "kids lunches for school" you will find tons of cute simple ideas :)

http://www.womansday.com/food-recipes/cooking-tips-shortcuts/how-to-pack-a-better-school-lunch-120119

Few ideas here, you can google fun ways to pack kids lunches, and lots of things will pop up, I just look at the images :)

Join: Health/Wealthy Mom

It does not matter where you are but where you are goin.      

~Tough times do not last, Tough people do!~

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I make my childs lunch. I wouldn't feed that crap to my dog let alone my kid.

ksueditz
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM
My older 4, have taken lunch in kindergarten. I think b/c they were unsure of what to expect. My youngest school aged child is in 1st, and she eats at school every day.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:14 PM

She buy's once a week. I make her lunchs the other days

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)