Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mother in laws

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

How to keep mother in laws at arms length ?

Mine gets in my DH ear then the next thing I know everything I thought we agreed on ....we don't

She tries to tell our DD'S what to wear if we go somewhere,drives me crazy!

We used to get along really well,then she got really rude,made nasty comments towards my family.So I stopped talking to her.She moved 4 hours away but it hasn't stopped her.HELP ANY ADVICE without me being rude back towards her.I don't want my DD'S to see me act the same way she does.They already see how she acts.I want to be better than that.

Sorry if I didnt space my words right,or if I have run on sentences .I just need advice.Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Mothers in law* Not Mother in laws...Just saying. Just a pet peeve of mine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this

Just wanted advice SORRY

Quoting Anonymous:

Mothers in law* Not Mother in laws...Just saying. Just a pet peeve of mine. 

childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I would just confront her and tell her how you feel and if she doesn't listen then she can't be around your kids.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

-KC-
by Honesty on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Idk have DH speak to her? If not then u. If u got ur kids outfit ready and she tries to pick something else say " No Thanks I already picked his outfit out"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Mine is a meth headed mooch that comes around once in a blue moon. She is the biggest idiot loser I've have ever met.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I have many times told her how I feel.She doesn't seem to listen or she is always right.When I first meet her I was 17.She didn't like me ,then my DH father dies and we became close.It seems like these last few years though have been awful,pure hell ! She would email saying she was so sorry my mom didnt raise me better.She says some really hurtful things.Then she thinks everything is ok the next day .I dont get over stuff like that so quickly it was mean.She is always in my DH ear saying god knows what.I know this because when he is home we are happy and on the same page about raising our kids.Then he goes and visits his mom comes back and all of his way of thinking has changed and we fight.

Quoting childofgod04:

I would just confront her and tell her how you feel and if she doesn't listen then she can't be around your kids.

childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

That is a difficult situation. Have you tried getting your DH to talk to her? If that doesn't work then I seriously think you all need to distance yourselves from her. DH included. If he doesn't want to then I would leave. Not necessarily permanently but until he realizes what he's losing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have many times told her how I feel.She doesn't seem to listen or she is always right.When I first meet her I was 17.She didn't like me ,then my DH father dies and we became close.It seems like these last few years though have been awful,pure hell ! She would email saying she was so sorry my mom didnt raise me better.She says some really hurtful things.Then she thinks everything is ok the next day .I dont get over stuff like that so quickly it was mean.She is always in my DH ear saying god knows what.I know this because when he is home we are happy and on the same page about raising our kids.Then he goes and visits his mom comes back and all of his way of thinking has changed and we fight.

Quoting childofgod04:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:19 PM

*Mothers in law.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Just blow it off. Mines nuts. She thinks cuddling a boy past 2 will make him gay...mom wears a skirt at home amd he wont be gay. Diabetes is caused by being a jew, fans make you sick, you should always drink your milk warm....I could keep going lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I should also mention we have been married for almost 16 years.You would think enough is enough.

Quoting childofgod04:

That is a difficult situation. Have you tried getting your DH to talk to her? If that doesn't work then I seriously think you all need to distance yourselves from her. DH included. If he doesn't want to then I would leave. Not necessarily permanently but until he realizes what he's losing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting childofgod04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)