Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mother in laws

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How to keep mother in laws at arms length ?

Mine gets in my DH ear then the next thing I know everything I thought we agreed on ....we don't

She tries to tell our DD'S what to wear if we go somewhere,drives me crazy!

We used to get along really well,then she got really rude,made nasty comments towards my family.So I stopped talking to her.She moved 4 hours away but it hasn't stopped her.HELP ANY ADVICE without me being rude back towards her.I don't want my DD'S to see me act the same way she does.They already see how she acts.I want to be better than that.

Sorry if I didnt space my words right,or if I have run on sentences .I just need advice.Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (21-30):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Grit Ball the Twat, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I hate my MIL. She is a passive aggressive bitch. Last year for her bday we took her to a very nice restaurant for her bday. She bitched about everything and never even bothered to say thank you.  Well its bday time again and my dh asks me where we can go this year.  I told him to pick a place he enjoyed because I wouldn't be there. I'm done with that woman. So I feel your pain.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
No one gives a shit about being grammatically correct when venting! Save that nit picky shit for your students! Good day!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have one, thank you; as a sixth and seventh grade English teacher.

I appreciate your concern, though. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you children aren't so resistant to learning proper grammar; most decent people appreciate being corrected when they sound ignorant from a lack of proper grammar. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly get a life ..mother in laws..mothers in law ..lord

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Thank you I just wanted advice not a lesson.

Quoting Anonymous:

No one gives a shit about being grammatically correct when venting! Save that nit picky shit for your students! Good day!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you children aren't so resistant to learning proper grammar; most decent people appreciate being corrected when they sound ignorant from a lack of proper grammar. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you I just wanted advice not a lesson.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this

FYI: when deciding to chastise someone else about poor grammar, using a grammatically correct sentence will probably give you more credibility.

Quote:

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM
You can't do much about the issue of your dh and his mothers influence. You could have a calm talk with him, but otherwise if you start trying to drive a wedge with them he'll end up resentful. Been there and done that lol. My mil..ugh. his family hated me since day one, treat me like crap, and blah blah. At first it pissed me off that he'd listen to her and change things we agreed on. I stopped getting involved..instead I generally just let them do their thing. He started seeing the bullshit and now its not nearly half as bad. Because I played no part in things..when mil tried to drive wedges or pulls her guilt trips he knows it's BS...as I have no involvement. Kwim?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Not sure why my children are being brought into to this? I asked advise about my MIL.Why are you being so mean towards me?Is it only because I wrote mother in laws ??? Now that sounds silly for a grown woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM

No, what's silly is for someone to get pissy when another person corrects their grammar because doing so is a favor. If you behave that way, it is safe to assume that you have taught your offspring to do so as well... and that's why kids today don't know how to speak properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure why my children are being brought into to this? I asked advise about my MIL.Why are you being so mean towards me?Is it only because I wrote mother in laws ??? Now that sounds silly for a grown woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Oops I wrote advise I meant advice

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)