Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother in laws

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How to keep mother in laws at arms length ?

Mine gets in my DH ear then the next thing I know everything I thought we agreed on ....we don't

She tries to tell our DD'S what to wear if we go somewhere,drives me crazy!

We used to get along really well,then she got really rude,made nasty comments towards my family.So I stopped talking to her.She moved 4 hours away but it hasn't stopped her.HELP ANY ADVICE without me being rude back towards her.I don't want my DD'S to see me act the same way she does.They already see how she acts.I want to be better than that.

Sorry if I didnt space my words right,or if I have run on sentences .I just need advice.Thanks

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Oops I wrote advise I meant advice

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure why my children are being brought into to this? I asked advise about my MIL.Why are you being so mean towards me?Is it only because I wrote mother in laws ??? Now that sounds silly for a grown woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you children aren't so resistant to learning proper grammar; most decent people appreciate being corrected when they sound ignorant from a lack of proper grammar. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly get a life ..mother in laws..mothers in law ..lord

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:55 AM
The only problem is I didn't ask for this "favor"you gave.I am not your student.I didn't get pissy with you.Get off your high horsepeople like you who say I am a teacher I know everything .Your kids must be awful,trash,dumb etc WRONG.My daughters are a A honor and in sports.So stop judging,no one is perfect .You are not perfect..Bless your heart and the students you teach.To say you never make a mistake makes me laugh !!!! BLESS YOUR HEART

Quoting Anonymous:

No, what's silly is for someone to get pissy when another person corrects their grammar because doing so is a favor. If you behave that way, it is safe to assume that you have taught your offspring to do so as well... and that's why kids today don't know how to speak properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not sure why my children are being brought into to this? I asked advise about my MIL.Why are you being so mean towards me?Is it only because I wrote mother in laws ??? Now that sounds silly for a grown woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you children aren't so resistant to learning proper grammar; most decent people appreciate being corrected when they sound ignorant from a lack of proper grammar. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Ahhh, it warms my soul to see children overcome the ignorance of their parents. Good on them!

Quoting Anonymous:

The only problem is I didn't ask for this "favor"you gave.I am not your student.I didn't get pissy with you.Get off your high horsepeople like you who say I am a teacher I know everything .Your kids must be awful,trash,dumb etc WRONG.My daughters are a A honor and in sports.So stop judging,no one is perfect .You are not perfect..Bless your heart and the students you teach.To say you never make a mistake makes me laugh !!!! BLESS YOUR HEART

Quoting Anonymous:

No, what's silly is for someone to get pissy when another person corrects their grammar because doing so is a favor. If you behave that way, it is safe to assume that you have taught your offspring to do so as well... and that's why kids today don't know how to speak properly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Why would you even come on here ??? You gave no advice ??? You only put my children and me down .That says a lot about you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I would have bothered to read your entire post had you bothered to learn English grammar. And not once did I put your children down, just you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would you even come on here ??? You gave no advice ??? You only put my children and me down .That says a lot about you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM
Ma'am what college did you go to that allowed or handed you a degree?I myself went to Yale hopefully my kids will folllow.You shouldn't always past judgement .Haven't you heard that said before? Did your mother or dad ever teach you that? Sounds to me like maybe you are little insecure,that could be why you feel the need to pick on others .

Quoting Anonymous:

Ahhh, it warms my soul to see children overcome the ignorance of their parents. Good on them!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't you have school in the morning? 

For the record, the poor grammar and spelling skills, both rampant on this site, drive me crazy but unless the post isn't understandable or the poster specifically asks for help grammar help, I ignore the mistakes and attempt to focus on the problem at hand. 

Also I disagree with you on another matter, many decent individuals do not in fact appreciate being corrected about sentence structure and spelling errors especially when that person is angry about the topic.  If you disagree I urge you to correct your fellow teachers, principal, and superintendent during the middle of a staff meeting and report back on how well your co-workers responded to your help. 

Quote:

No, what's silly is for someone to get upset when another person corrects their grammar because doing this is a favor. If you behave that way, it is safe to assume that you have taught your offspring to do this as well... and that's why kids today don't know how to speak properly.

momoftwo0406
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:13 AM
I told mine to take her lieing ass away and never come back. It's been over a year since I have seen that bitch lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM

You went to Yale and don't even know the plural of "mother n law"? I don't believe you. I don't need to pretend that I went to an ivy league school, I graduated from Concord College, class of '98. I have no insecurities, I just think its a common courtesy to correct other's grammar; I sure would appreciate others correcting mine if I sounded like someone taking English as a second language... perhaps that's just because I value knowledge more than the average 'merican.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ma'am what college did you go to that allowed or handed you a degree?I myself went to Yale hopefully my kids will folllow.You shouldn't always past judgement .Haven't you heard that said before? Did your mother or dad ever teach you that? Sounds to me like maybe you are little insecure,that could be why you feel the need to pick on others .

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM
When did I ever say I was a native American.Have you ever heard of sometimes when others speak who aren't sometimes words get mixed up.You shouldn't always assume.Yes I did go to Yale don't care if you believe or not .That is not what I posted about to begin with.Also I came here not knowing any english finished highschool.I teach our kids if you work hard you can achieve anything you want and I did.I am very proud.

Quoting Anonymous:

You went to Yale and don't even know the plural of "mother n law"? I don't believe you. I don't need to pretend that I went to an ivy league school, I graduated from Concord College, class of '98. I have no insecurities, I just think its a common courtesy to correct other's grammar; I sure would appreciate others correcting mine if I sounded like someone taking English as a second language... perhaps that's just because I value knowledge more than the average 'merican.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

*Mothers in law.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured