Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

TATTOOING A BABY!!! WTF!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 13 Replies
http://www.inznews.com/2013/01/mother-forcing-toddler-to-get-tattoo.html

I'm mobile, so not sure if it's clicky, but this is sickening!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Bump!
michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:05 AM
Bump!
coronado25
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I knew identical triplets. Their parents were afraid of getting them mixed up so they had a dot tattooed on one's butt, two dots on the other's butt, and the other was not tattooed.

teaspring
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:09 AM
teaspring
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM

buncha cultist weirdos it seems.  poor baby :(

teal_phoenix
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:12 AM

SICKOS

I didn't watch this video but I've seen part of this before. Honestly, I want to kick their ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:16 AM
Oh my goodness that is horrible. Someone needs to find out the whole story and do something. That is not right at all. It makes me want to knock her out and hold the child tight.
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:18 AM
That's sickening. I couldn't watch the video, I'm already sick to my stomach. Poor baby! :-(
Kitsun
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I want to know why some sicko recorded it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonita131
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Tattooing "666″ on a Baby

An incredibly disturbing video - probably the most offensive tattoo video to date - is currently doing the viral rounds. In it, the tattoo artist (whose face we never see), tattoos what appears to be a small "666″ on a toddler that screams in pain and terror while he's doing it. A woman that I assume is the mother is holding the child down the whole time. Since there is parental consent in the process, it is 100% legal. Arguably this isn't any worse than the doctors that have have cut off the ends of millions if not billions of baby boys' penises to satisfy their parents religious or cultural leanings, and of course there are indigenous cultures (many of them idolized by the "modern primitive" movement) all around the world that do a wide variety of heavy mods on babies and children... But wow... I don't think I could bring myself to be involved in something like this, either as the artist or the parent. But I wonder - how many of you who are willing to denounce this video are also willing to denounce the tribal cultures who do similar things in much larger quantities and to a more horrific extent, or even denounce circumcision which is still commonplace in America (although not many other Western nations at this point as the cruelty and needlessness is recognized)?

YouTube pulled the video — click here to download our backup or play it here:

Update: If I had to guess [edit #2: this is now confirmed, and if you listen in the video you can hear them say that the child is now "blessed by Jesus"], I would say these people are followers of Jose Luis de Jesus of Growing in Grace. Followers of this fringe religion often get 666 tattooed one them as a part of their faith. The question is, do you believe in freedom of religion? Where is that line drawn for you? This group even has billboards around Toronto where I live - this isn't just some isolated event. Below are some other similar tattoos done by their followers:

666tat-2t

666tat-1t

Update #2: Trying to find examples of tattooed children in Western culture, I was hoping to dig up an old story in BME's old newspaper archive of historical mod stories because I remembered one about a father taking his identical twin sons to a tattoo artist in order to get a beauty mark tattooed on one of them as a way of telling them apart more easily. Anyway, I couldn't find the actual article I was searching for, but I did find another from the October 19, 1899 Twin City News which mentions how an increasing number of parents are tattooing their children with a hidden ID mark (I believe this was in the midst of abduction paranoia).

Also, I mentioned above that the parents were "100%" legally in the right (although not ethically in my opinion), but I should point out that there have been cases - for example, this North Carolina mother arrested after allowing her 11-year-old to get a tattoo of a small heart on her shoulder - that suggest the opposite. However, courts in America are very unlikely to call the actions of an established religion "child abuse", so don't expect to see Jews being jailed over circumcision any time soon.

http://news.bme.com/2013/01/27/tattooing-666-on-a-baby/

A Century Ago: Tattoos as ID

I posted recently an interview with a soldier tattooing in Afghanistan, and we talked a little about the recent military bans and then un-bans on tattoos... I thought it would be interesting to share with you this story about the military use of tattoos from the April 17, 1895 edition of The Washington Post.

Identified by Tattoo Marks

Recruiting officers of the Army are aided greatly in keeping undesirable characters out of the service by the "outline figure" card record.

Under War Department oders issued in 1889, record is made by Army medical officers of indelible or permanent marks as may be found on the persons of accepted recruits for the Army. The information is forwarded to the Surgeon General of the Army. The object in view is to obtain evidence for the identification of men with bad records who have had previous army service. The system has worked great benefit to the service and is viewed by good soldiers as greatly conducive to their protection.

Speaking of using tattoos to identify people, here's another story on identifying children, from the Twin-City News (Uhrichsville and Dennison, Ohio, October 19, 1899).

We are told that since the Clark kidnapping case many parents are having a hidden tattoo mark placed upon their children for purposes of identification. This is given upon the authority of the most noted tattooer in America, who furnishes a quality of strange and interesting facts in an article of "Tattooing and Tattoo Marks" to the October Ev'ry Month. The sketch is accompanied by photographs of the latest implements used in the art and some remarkable designs.

Tattoos of some sort for identification range all the way back to biblical times where tattoos where used to mark the Jews that were delivered from slavery.

http://www.religioustattoos.net/Tattoo_History/index.php 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)