Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I may end up handling this badly....any advice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I started a new job this morning. I already have a job in the evenings...but this was to pick up some extra cash.

I have never worked in fast food before today.It was FUCKING HORRIBLE. It was the worst "first day on the job" I have ever had. 

I had a supervisor tell me that I was not to leave my "post"...lol..meaning my register, for the entire 7 hours I was there...with the exception of my 15 minute break.  This includes not going to the restroom. Um, fuck that. I've had 2 kids, and a bladder surgery. When I gotta pee, I gotta pee. I will not be reprimanded like a child for going to relieve my bladder.

This lady was SO nasty and SO loud and just fucking rude. I brushed it of...went home after my shift...and told DH about it. 

I can tell this place is just toxic. The employees are hateful and lazy and there's just this vibe of misery that surrounds the whole place. I'm scheduled to work tomorrow...but I'm not plannign on showing up. Am I a horrible person?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Just call and tell them why. Don't work somewhere, where they show no respect for employees 

kappalopokis
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM
It is absolutely wrong to just not show up for work.

Go, do your duty, and resign before you head home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

You should call them and tell them this isn't for you. Do handle it better.

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this
I've left jobs like that. You only get one life, don't purposely make yourself miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Yes. Do not do that to them. If you feel it is not for you, then don't be a douche and be a no-show. Have the guts to call them and be honest.

_AshlynNicole
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
No lol. Sadly, I would probably do the same thing.
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

If its only your second day then I'm sure you are in training and they are not depending on you to actually fill a spot. Just call her and tell her its not for you.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:29 PM
3 moms liked this

It's nto like my absence is going to affect the functioning of this place. I'm in "training".....lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:29 PM
Wow what fast food place do you work at? Ive worked at fast food places before and it was never like that. Sorry you had such a bad day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:30 PM

it's a little, provately owned breafast/lunch type place.....kind of like a Biscuitville....

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow what fast food place do you work at? Ive worked at fast food places before and it was never like that. Sorry you had such a bad day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)