Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know you're poor when...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You start skipping meals/snacks so ur kids can have enough food to eat for the week.

Your turn...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (91-100):
MsCherry10
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:01 AM

This post made me tear. So many hard memories.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:54 AM
When you can't afford paper towels.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:57 AM
I agree. Or when you only eat one to two meals a day so your kid can have three meals. I speak from experience.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:01 AM

you can get a box of store brand crackers for a snack and it feels like a treat O.o

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:03 AM
3 moms liked this
Things happened. People work, make too much to get assistance but just barely make too much. People get sick, lose their insurance and shit happens. People have to make tough decisions sometimes but at least their not letting their kids go hungry.

There are food banks and such but if you're sick and your spouse is working to make ends meet and can't get to a foodbank then you do what you have to do. That's just my experience. But then again it must be easy for you to anonymously give your opinion. Hope you never have to not eat so your kid can. You feel pretty worthless and helpless even if its through no fault of your own. Trust me, I'd much rather have not been sick and working full time. Life doesn't always come the way we want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Time to get a job...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:06 AM
1 mom liked this
You push the store's shopping cart home in the rain, sleet, or shine so the children in the house can eat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:08 AM

This made me cry... my DH got let go from his job, and I shortly after got a disease in my intestines... I was hospitalized for a week, but being the only one working, part time... it really hurt us when I couldnt work... but you are right... DH and I are still going hungry so that our kids can eat... but its fine, itll all get better someday!

Quoting LilliesValley:

Things happened. People work, make too much to get assistance but just barely make too much. People get sick, lose their insurance and shit happens. People have to make tough decisions sometimes but at least their not letting their kids go hungry.

There are food banks and such but if you're sick and your spouse is working to make ends meet and can't get to a foodbank then you do what you have to do. That's just my experience. But then again it must be easy for you to anonymously give your opinion. Hope you never have to not eat so your kid can. You feel pretty worthless and helpless even if its through no fault of your own. Trust me, I'd much rather have not been sick and working full time. Life doesn't always come the way we want.

Quoting Anonymous:

Time to get a job...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM

You live without heat in -degree weather, and wrap your pipes in old towels and clothes so they don't freeze. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:10 AM
2 moms liked this

You know you're poor when you don't recognize how blessed you truly are, because you're comparing your lifestyle to the rest of 21st century America.

LilliesValley
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Dh was just saying how great it was that you could hear the change jar clinking on other change and not on the bottom of the jar! LOL.

Quoting Anonymous:

When you have to use change to pay for something . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)