Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know you're poor when...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You start skipping meals/snacks so ur kids can have enough food to eat for the week.

Your turn...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (111-120):
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
When you live for months at a time without electricity. Happened to me as a kid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I Wm truly sorry you were in that situation. I just want to tell you, never be ashamed of what you have to do. Never.
On a side note, I pay for stuff with change all the time, who cares!? Lol I collect the change as I wash laundry and when my change purse gets full I use it, when dh gets change while we are out he hands it to me. I have paid for 20$ worth of stuff in quarters. When the lady behind me in line started sighing and huffing and puffing like a frieght train I just counted slower and struck up a conversation with the cashier. :-) I know it had to tick her off but seriously, which do you or anyone else CARE HOW or WHAT a person pays with? Its money, it all spends the same.

Quoting Supervane:

When I paid for basic groceries in change a total of $11.80 - there was $2.00 in our bank account. Everyone stared and I was humiliated. I decided never again at that very moment!!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Two working adults cant provide food for the family? Please tell me what you're doing right.

Quoting Anonymous:

No actually we aren't but thanks. ..

Quoting Anonymous:

Then you're doing something terribly wrong

Quoting Anonymous:

We have jobs....

Quoting Anonymous:

Time to get a job...

grandmotherof6
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM

well I been poor all my life, my kids have always used the same bath water until they was 7 years old, I have always had 2 meals a day, breakfast and dinner, snack what is snack!!! let them skip a couple meals maybe they will clean their plate

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I know money is money, but at the time I felt I had failed my daughter. She had gotten croup and we needed basic stuff like like soft foods in that trip as well. In order to pay for her RX medication I transferred one of mine to a different pharmacy to get a $25 gift card. To pay for hers.

6 months later I got a very high paying job. I was even offered the job on the spot. They liked me so much they took me out to lunch on my interview. I got 3 raises while i worked there. My DD was my drive while i was working. I took those moments as gotta Work harder moments!!! That incident was over 4 years ago. Sure we have hard times once in a while but they are no longer our norm. With my hard Work and dedication I moved this family up a few income brackets. And my daughter will always have a hard working woman as a mother and best of all an example.

Quoting eesmommy:

I Wm truly sorry you were in that situation. I just want to tell you, never be ashamed of what you have to do. Never.

On a side note, I pay for stuff with change all the time, who cares!? Lol I collect the change as I wash laundry and when my change purse gets full I use it, when dh gets change while we are out he hands it to me. I have paid for 20$ worth of stuff in quarters. When the lady behind me in line started sighing and huffing and puffing like a frieght train I just counted slower and struck up a conversation with the cashier. :-) I know it had to tick her off but seriously, which do you or anyone else CARE HOW or WHAT a person pays with? Its money, it all spends the same.

Quoting Supervane:

When I paid for basic groceries in change a total of $11.80 - there was $2.00 in our bank account. Everyone stared and I was humiliated. I decided never again at that very moment!!!

sstef126
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Quoting ladysamanda:

You use the same bath water as your two kids and hubby. Eeeeew.

Omg! I have actually done that!

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM
A parent who is at the least providing the basics for their child or children should never feel like a failure to thier child or children. Never look at that person behind you and worry if they are judging you, it's not their business.

Quoting Supervane:

I know money is money, but at the time I felt I had failed my daughter. She had gotten croup and we needed basic stuff like like soft foods in that trip as well. In order to pay for her RX medication I transferred one of mine to a different pharmacy to get a $25 gift card. To pay for hers.

6 months later I got a very high paying job. I was even offered the job on the spot. They liked me so much they took me out to lunch on my interview. I got 3 raises while i worked there. My DD was my drive while i was working. I took those moments as gotta Work harder moments!!! That incident was over 4 years ago. Sure we have hard times once in a while but they are no longer our norm. With my hard Work and dedication I moved this family up a few income brackets. And my daughter will always have a hard working woman as a mother and best of all an example.

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting Supervane:

.Milfshake.
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh STFU ever heard of the library or a wifi hotspot? No? are you just really that clueless?

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

If you have Internet and you are on here... You are not poor.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Well see to me the bare minimum is not good enough I wanted the absolute best I could do. It wasn't about others EVER! It was about me motivating myself to get where I needed and wanted. And I did! I will always be a hard worker and I'm glad because nothing is worse than lazy IMO.

Quoting eesmommy:

A parent who is at the least providing the basics for their child or children should never feel like a failure to thier child or children. Never look at that person behind you and worry if they are judging you, it's not their business.

Quoting Supervane:

Quoting eesmommy:

Quoting Supervane:

sweetmelissa777
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Thats very sad. Im sorry mama! Hope it gets better!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Sadly yes...we went from having it all to losing it all in a short period of time.

Quoting tennisgal:

personal experience??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured