Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know you're poor when...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
You start skipping meals/snacks so ur kids can have enough food to eat for the week.

Your turn...
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (231-239):
Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:25 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

We would eat onion, butter and bread sandwiches for dinner. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

when all you have is a condiment to place between your slices of bread for a sandwich.

Mayo sandwiches, not so good.  Mayo & peanut butter even worse.

Lovemyshadows
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I think our kids need to experience some of these things.  It would make them happy to have a real bedroom.  Those Jordan shoes wouldn't seem so necessary.  I'm glad I didn't know how poor we were when I was a kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 61 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:38 AM
I still do this lol, drives dh nuts that I put water in almost empty bottles.

Quoting Anonymous:

You hardly fill the cap of detergent because you only have a little left for the month.

You put water in your dish soap because then it lasts longer.

jaylinsmom1
by Shannon on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:07 AM

me too pls 

Quoting nicole6870:

Me too!

Quoting BeautyFull:

Ok, I will send you the information.

Quoting Sandy418:

I would love to know

Quoting BeautyFull:

As I read everyone post I can only smile because everything sound so familiar.  We were working on good jobs and making lots of money, but that changed.  For a few years we were struggling.....

I now own my own business and I work from home making money. 

If you want to change your situation you have to make the change.  Let me know if you want to and I will show you how I did it.

michiganmom5150
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Hey! I love mayo, lettuce, pickles, and cheese! Pretty good!

Quoting Lovemyshadows:

Quoting Anonymous:

We would eat onion, butter and bread sandwiches for dinner. 

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

when all you have is a condiment to place between your slices of bread for a sandwich.

Mayo sandwiches, not so good.  Mayo & peanut butter even worse.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Oh, every restaurant with a Happy Hour had a free buffet of 3 or 4 items in the 1990's.  There would be chicken wings, french fries, salad, stuffed mushrooms, ribs, basically all kinds of finger food or appetizers.  

I would know what every restaurant in my area served at happy hour and we'd hit a different one each night.  The food was 100% better than something like a happy meal.  Also, the waitresses got to know the kids and since they were well behaved the wait staff would bring them out desserts and extra food.

I was trying to make it through university and took no PA or FS, so every meal we ate this way helped the budget.

Quoting Anonymous:

Free happy hour food!?? No restaurants or bars have free happy hour food. I've never heard of such a thing!

Quoting Anonymous:

You know you are poor when you bring your kids into a restaurant that has a happy hour so you can buy a diet coke and two milks, then feast on chicken wings and other free happy hour food.

livelaughlov26
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Sell your stuff to pay bills. Thankfully we aren't in that place anymore.
secondboy2012
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Omg my sister and I did that when we were kids lol

Quoting ladysamanda:

You use the same bath water as your two kids and hubby. Eeeeew.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 57 on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Wow, that's cool. I wasn't 21 until 2000, that that was just before my time, bar-wise.

Here, now, we have cheap happy hour appetizers, but never ever free food at happy hour unless there is a special promotion or you have a coupon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, every restaurant with a Happy Hour had a free buffet of 3 or 4 items in the 1990's.  There would be chicken wings, french fries, salad, stuffed mushrooms, ribs, basically all kinds of finger food or appetizers.  

I would know what every restaurant in my area served at happy hour and we'd hit a different one each night.  The food was 100% better than something like a happy meal.  Also, the waitresses got to know the kids and since they were well behaved the wait staff would bring them out desserts and extra food.

I was trying to make it through university and took no PA or FS, so every meal we ate this way helped the budget.

Quoting Anonymous:

Free happy hour food!?? No restaurants or bars have free happy hour food. I've never heard of such a thing!

Quoting Anonymous:

You know you are poor when you bring your kids into a restaurant that has a happy hour so you can buy a diet coke and two milks, then feast on chicken wings and other free happy hour food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN