Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's 30, They have been together 16 years on Valentines day.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
A story told to me that made my jaw hit the floor.

When "Jen" was 13 her mom was working a lot and her father was an alcoholic. Jen got in trouble quite a bit at school and was a fighter. She met a guy "Dan" and they started dating. When she was 15 she had their first child, 16 their second. All in all they have had 6 children. They have been together 16 years this month, their oldest is now 13.

Sounds like a sad story that ended up okay. I would just have brushed it off as "happy ending". However there are details I cannot let go.

"Dan" was 29 when he and "Jen" got together. 29 with 7 children, the oldest of which was 9 when he started dating Jen.

It's none of my business because I don't know them. But my heart breaks for Jen. How can your entire life be decided on decisions made when you were 13? Why wasn't someone there to protect her from the 29 year old man sniffing around? How would they react if the same situation started now with their Dd?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM

He had 7, plus the 6 he had with her?  I know I should be freaking about the age thing, and I am....but seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Yes 13 kids.

Quoting JayeC2:

He had 7, plus the 6 he had with her?  I know I should be freaking about the age thing, and I am....but seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM
bump
nikki111125
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I am 33 been married 18 years . I was 13 when I started dating my dh. He is much older than me and I have loved my life and we are very happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My Great Grandma was married at 13. My  Great Grandpa was in his 20's. I believe she had 7 children with him

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Honestly how would you feel about your dd following in your footprints?

Quoting nikki111125:

I am 33 been married 18 years . I was 13 when I started dating my dh. He is much older than me and I have loved my life and we are very happy.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

I guess her happiness is all that matters. If she's happy with her life and they way it's turned out then congrats to her.

FL2AK
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM
She never had a childhood. Very sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nikki111125
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM

It wouldn't happen. But I didn't have a good childhood or parents obviously so that makes a big difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly how would you feel about your dd following in your footprints?

Quoting nikki111125:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Back in the old days this was a normal occurence. Society today is why people (try to) put an age limit on love. As long as she is happy, I think thats all that matters.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN