Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help taking dd to hospital in the AM

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM
  • 33 Replies

Her leg

Side and leg

Back

I don't know what it is, I text my moms these pics and she has been calling non stop worrying about measels and what not, she seems fine except sweating, a few days ago she was running a fever but tylenol helped with that, she wasn't eating much, but she would drink, she also was extremly tired, said her throat and tummy hurt her, but the past two days she was fine and acting normal again.  

I think it may be an alergic reaction I usually use Tide original it's the only thing that doesn't break me and my daugter out, we have tried purex, gain, all, and now arm and hammer, both the originals and the dye and scent free. Before when she broke out it looked like a bad heat rash nothing like this.  

I don't know for sure if it's hives, or something more serious but I am def going to call her doctor at 6 when they open, they have been amazing in the past at getting us same day appts, but I am really nervous, I ahve been checking on her every hour to check her breathing, and see if she gets a temp. No coughing, or runny nose, I hope my sweet pea is okay. :(

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Sorry. Bump.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mychele
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
They kind of look like hives. Is she breathing and acting ok ? You could call the pediatrician on call. They may suggest Benedryl.
anfisasmommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I have no clue good luck and prayers and happy thoughts for you!

megan71108
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Bump.
knkd
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM

if she had a fever a few days ago and now has a rash, it's probably viral... and no biggie 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I would take her in tonight. I used to get bad hives and my mom rushed me to the er. I was sound asleep, woke up and had oxygen on. My tongue and throat were swelling. Better safe than sorry.
Loving19mommy92
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM

She just woke up wanting something to drink, she got mad at me for looking at her and feeling her throat for any swelling. She seemed fine but I am staying up all night to monitor her,the er is over 20 miles away I promise I am keeping an eye on her and if she needs to be taken I will take her, hubby will be happy we will be spending our anniversary at the hospital. :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly I would take her in tonight. I used to get bad hives and my mom rushed me to the er. I was sound asleep, woke up and had oxygen on. My tongue and throat were swelling. Better safe than sorry.

CafeMom Tickers

captaincw322
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Our ped put my dd on a new antibiotic for an ear infection and on her 8th day of 10 she woke up with a sky high fwver(104.5) and started swelling. Her eye eventually swelled shut, red bumps all over which turned to welts. She had an allergic reaction. Depending how old your dd is, you can give her children's Benadryl. My dd's welts went down within an hour and were totally gone. Hopefully she feels better soon!
captaincw322
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:51 AM

That's what my daughter looked like
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)