Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you have 3+ kids, what kind of car do you drive?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I'm looking to get a car with tax money. Nothing new :( because I cant afford a lot right now. I'm a new driver and driving big vehicles makes me nervous so Id like to avoid getting a van or something that's "big" if possible. However I have 3 kids in car/booster seats so I need a bigger back seat.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1wildchild
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Baby #3 is on the way but I've already had to put 3 car seats across when my friend & her baby were with me. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer with a third row. Plenty of room for three and it doesn't get TOO terrible of gas mileage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:50 AM

I know you said nothing big, but honestly you get used to it and it feels more safe--and it is. You need a mini-van for all of those carseats. I'd stay away from Dodge, though. If you have a hefty one--like $5000-$6000, get a 2000 or so Honda Odyssey.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Right now, my husband and I share a Dodge Ram pickup with a crew cab. It doesn't fit all of our kids though. I'm looking into getting a used land rover, which seats seven.

brandyblx
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Chevrolet TrailBlazer

kameka
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I've got a 2007 Toyota Sienna. It's got all the bells and whistles and we LOVE it.
Have you looked into the Mazda5?
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM
I drive a Dodge Grand Caravan and it fits my 3 kids perfectly. It's really not that big. In fact, I find it easier to drive than a car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommieSDW
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Dodge Durango with third row. 

lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM
I had a grand caravan for quite a while. I would recommend it if you want a van.
Bird16_J
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM

well I have 5 kiddo's in booster/car seats and we ended up getting a 2003 Ford Excursion lol But since you don't want anything big maybe something like a Toyota Rav 4 with 3rd row seating they're not that big and they're pretty nice little SUV's.

3mommyandwifey
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:55 AM
2003 Chevy trailblazer is a v6 and good on gas 7 seats total.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN