Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe in magic? How about witches?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

.???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Replies (101-109):
SavannahV
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:04 PM

i'm Christian, but believe in magic. why would God talk of it in the Bible if it's not real?

SaGe_Ed
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Not like Harry Potter magic.  But true magic (which honestly isn't much different than ritualized prayer in most cases), yes.  And of course I believe in witches, I am one.  :)

TigressLily
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Yes, you read my mind. Not sure w/o reading through it again if I said something about it, but I was thinking of Hansel & Gretal lol. But it wasn't a house made of candy, and it wasn't in the middle of a forest. =P

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting TigressLily:

My mom ran away with one of her friends because she didn't want her to be alone. Her friend ran away because she was being molested and abused. My mom had no reason to "run away," she just didn't want to let her friend be by herself etc. They came across a house where a man and woman invited them in, it was after a couple of days of walking.... they fed them and let them bathe etc. Then they didn't want them to leave. Somehow they were found by police, but not before the woman/witch had said some weird words to them and grabbed their hands again. My mom to this day believes that witch cursed them. My mom was about 13-14 years old at the time. At 18 years old she found out she had cancer.... she is now 47 years old, and she has a lot of other health problems that are too many to name off the top of my head. Seriously there are over 10 serious things wrong with her health-wise, plus some minor things, too. My mom has 2 children, my brother and me. I have an 18 month old daughter now. My brother is good, health-wise, I am not. IDT it has anything to do with the witch as far as my health issues go, but just explaining that it was my mom cursed if that is what happened, not her children afterwards, etc. I do believe things like that happen, and it is very very strange that my mom got all those health issues in the years to come after meeting that witch. It seems as though our family has been a target of bad things happening, and I'm not saying our hardships are worse than others, but it's like we try to stand strong and we're constantly having to catch our balance, type of thing, if that makes sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Supposedly a witch cursed my parents into fights inside my old house. But magically whenever they would leave they couldn't remember what the fight was about. The witch was envious that my father chose my mother. She also gave my mom acne. When we  moved the fighting stopped. she stalked us and would walk by everyday looking into the windows for my father. When she died, my moms acne went away. I'm a non believer but something like this really made me wonder.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I believe in the 6 elements. I have wings to prove that powers do indeed exist (only our kind can see). I am one of many among my kind. (some call us angels) We are very gifted and can talk to the wind, trees, weld the powers of fire-water-earth-wind-light and abyss, fight the demons of the world, etc.... My personal gift is I can speak to animals and nature. I have a close friend that's more of a warrior!

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM
My husband's grandmother is a curandera. I believe it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pampire
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I believe in witches, as in the practioners of Wicca and other nature based religions.  Witches that fly on broomsticks and cakle as they chase Bugs Bunny while wearing striped socks and granny boots, not so much.

Magic is all around us.  

IFartGlitter
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Witches... of course. They are real people practicing their beliefs. How could you NOT believe in them? But I do not believe they have any unusual power, nor do I typically believe in magic. I think it's a load of crap!

mamaof2boys816
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:31 PM

i love wicca also i do believe we had a family friend growing up that could do it she was a white witche and good one she could do love heal people everything

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Try looking up herbal magic, kitchen witchery, Celtic folk magic, green witchcraft, etc.

Do you even know anyone who practices witchcraft? 

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Then explain to me how those examples are considered witchcraft to you.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

You obviously know nothing about witchcraft.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

Oh, honey... it's not witchcraft if there's a scientific explanation.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So then I am the only one who knows anything about witchcraft. 

Quoting Snapdragon88:

What are you talking about? No one thinks either one of those are witchcraft, lol. Except for you.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So then you admit that witchcraft is real after all, because both are practices typically consdered to be a part of witchcraft. You are the one falsely assuming that witchcraft must be about spell casting within a religious philosophy.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

And neither of which is magic. It's explainable by science. Magic - The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
It isn't mysterious if it's explainable, is it? 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So using herbs as a part of healing/medicine isn't real?

Using dousing rods to find water isn't real?

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?
I meant it's a lot like prayer in that it isn't real. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN