Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe in magic? How about witches?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

.???

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:08 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I believe in it, but I also believe that it's power loosed by Satan. It's not that I think ''good'' witches are Satanic or evil, it's that I believe the power they have isn't their power. It's from Satan. 

caito
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Some herbs do have true medicinal uses. That isn't magic, that's science.

And dowsing has no scientific evidence backing it at all. It's snake oil. If it was scientifically sound, anyone in the entire world could put it to the test with the scientific method and produce the same results over and over.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So using herbs as a part of healing/medicine isn't real?

Using dousing rods to find water isn't real?

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?
I meant it's a lot like prayer in that it isn't real. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:49 PM
I do believe in witches and magic. I also believe there is good and evil in this world. Everything is possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bxmom2580
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Magic,witches,werewolves,vampires,shapeshifters, fairies, its all real, it all exsists, that and much,much more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM

So then you admit that witchcraft is real after all, because both are practices typically consdered to be a part of witchcraft. You are the one falsely assuming that witchcraft must be about spell casting within a religious philosophy.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

And neither of which is magic. It's explainable by science. Magic - The power of apparently influencing the course of events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
It isn't mysterious if it's explainable, is it? 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So using herbs as a part of healing/medicine isn't real?

Using dousing rods to find water isn't real?

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Can you prove it?
I meant it's a lot like prayer in that it isn't real. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Witches are real. A witch is a female who practices magic as part of a religion philosophy. It's a lot like prayer. It's not real, accomplishes nothing, but it makes the participant feel empowered/loved/important

Males who practice witchcraft are also called witches. Also, while it often does include religious philospophy, witchcraft does not have to incorporate any religious philosophy. Witchcraft isn't like prayer either, and it is real.

sarah427
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I believe they exist! Honestly, I would also think anyone who believes that the Bible is truth would believe it too. The bible acknowledges witchcraft and mediums. For me, its part of my family's history. Wicca on one side, voodoo on the other. The beliefs of the native Americans in my family are oddly part spiritual and part nature based. I think faith gives power to whatever people choose to believe.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Laying of hands ( Healing) Doesn't exist in the Bible?

I'm pretty sure it does. And i'm pretty positive I know a few churchs that still practice this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I believe in it, but I also believe that it's power loosed by Satan. It's not that I think ''good'' witches are Satanic or evil, it's that I believe the power they have isn't their power. It's from Satan. 

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Again, name a tradition that uses the name witch for females and uses a title other than witch for males.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

I didn't say that in absence of a title that the given name would be used. Voodoo uses separate terms for male/female practitioners. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

OK, so name a traditioin that uses witch for females only and give the name used for males.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

It depends upon the tradition.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

What do you think the name for a male who practices witchcraft is? It certainly isn't a warlock. Warlock is an outcast. It wasn't until recent history that fictional stories started using the term to mean a male who practices witchcraft.

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

Throughout hisrory, men and women have had different titles for the same occupancy (priest/preistess, actor/actoress prince/princess etc) it is only in recent history that we see the titles being the same for both.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not just females...

Quoting 5PointedHuman:

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM
No, I don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Laying of hands ( Healing) Doesn't exist in the Bible?

I'm pretty sure it does. And i'm pretty positive I know a few churchs that still practice this.

Quoting Anonymous:

We aren't talking about Christians. We're talking about witches. You have no point. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)